Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/21/2003 7:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2003 7:51:29 PM EDT by 455SD]
Who in the city sells blackpowder now? Everyone is saying there are some new federal regulations that have messed up the sale of blackpowder. Where can I buy the stuff now?

Someone please fill me in. I have got a new flintlock that is just dying to be fired.

JD where are you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 8:49:15 PM EDT
I was in Academy not long ago, I'm pretty sure they had black powder, they definitely had Pyrodex, also Bass Pro sells a lot of black powder rifles.

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:55:59 AM EDT
I don't know how black powder could've gotten anymore restrictive. There's always been a limit to how much BP could be stored on a premises, it had to be stored in a D.O.T.-approved rollaway container, and there's an additional license over and above an FFL.

Southwest Shooters used to carry a little bit of G-O and OAS may as well (I seem to remember them carrying Elephant-brand). I'm pretty sure Gene Sears in El Reno still carries it, but it's been quite awhile since I've been out there (they used to carry G-O, AKA Goex).

I have a little over half-a-pound of G-O FFg I'll give you (fouls too much).

BTW, anyone see CSI on Thursday? Talk about bonehead Hollywood. They were loading some 9mm to varying velocities and they had Elephant BP as their prop powder.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:15:53 AM EDT
I missed that CSI but I have noticed them making some pretty dumb technical errors, calling spent bullets cartridges etc.  A while back CSI Miami had a spent bullet picked up by hurricane winds, penetrating a wall or door, can't remember which, and killing a person inside a house!  Gimme a break!  

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:25:35 PM EDT
Outdoor America store did not have FFFFg.

Southwest shooters no longer carries it at all due to these mystery regulations.

WalMart and Academy no longer carry real blackpowder at all.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:40:48 PM EDT

WalMart and Academy no longer carry real blackpowder at all.

I don't recall either store ever selling BP. It's always been Pyrodex and other substitutes. Why are you needing 4F? A flintlock? You can have my 2F if you want it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:55:04 AM EDT
Yes I bought a Flintlock. 4f is like the Loch Ness monster of BP.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:28:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 455SD:
Yes I bought a Flintlock. 4f is like the Loch Ness monster of BP.

You don't see a flintlock very often, and the 4F is specialized for flintlocks, it's going to be pretty hard to find.
Top Top