Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 12:21:07 PM EDT
Hey all,

Just a curiosity question I can't find answer to on google. If a private person owns land that abuts to the border could he legally berm or wall off his land from Mexico?

If enough ranchers and land owners walled off their portions wouldn't it make it that much more easy for the BP and Minute men to do their jobs?

132, 45' dry vans (big 8' high steel cargo containers) placed end to end would wall off a mile of land.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
some is private property.

walls could go up.

the mexican insurgents will bother you on principle, no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The only issue you may encounter are build ordinances in your municipality. I remember redoing my fence years ago and wanting to put a stucco wall instead of a wood fence. I had to get a permit to make it stucco and then for some reason, it couldn't be as high as other walls a few blocks away due to fire department access if they had to climb over the wall. The clerk at the city couldn't tell me why the ones 3 blocks away could be 8' when mine was only allowed to be 6' in the center. Just muttered something like "just code in your area or something"...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#3]
A large majority of the land right on the line is Federal---Coronado National Forest, Tohono O'Odham Indian Res., Organ Pipe N.M., Cabeza Prieta N.W.R., B. Goldwater A.F. Range----then in the far eastern corner (Cochise Co.) a bit is State Land Trust.

VERY little private land abuts the actual border.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top