Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/6/2006 12:04:34 PM EDT
Just found out about this show and I like what I see and am reading about it so far.  I'll get my first taste of it tonight.  4 - 7pm in Boise on 670 KBOI  www.670kboi.com/
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Savage is pretty good.  Until he really starts ranting or reading from the bible.  I have one of his books and you're welcome to borrow it if you want.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I"m not very religious, but other than that, I'm pretty conservative (and the most Red, White and Blue SOB I know!!), but Micheal Savage is a bit to pissed off for my tastes (the guy hates *everything*!!).

I think Ryfter is an avid fan of him though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
SAVAGE FOR PREZ!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
...that wasn't savage tonite, wait untill you hear the real thing!

He can be described as "extreme" in todays brokeback mountain world

But he tells it like it is.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
For some reason, Spiff always thinks I am a huge fan of Savage.  I prefer him over whoever the other talk station has, but he is probably my least favorite of the daytime talk shows, on 670 KBOI.  I really like Jerry Doyal (who they burry at 9-midnight), and Sean Hannity.  I think I have 2 of savage's books.  He's a good writer, though, after something like 30 books, you would hope he would be a good writer! :-)  
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
He's the angry New Yorker. I listen to him on the drive home. But I've also been enjoying the Rusty Humphreys' Show. He seems to have a little more levity in his program.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...Micheal Savage is a bit to pissed off for my tastes (the guy hates *everything*!!).

Hmmm...So you're saying I should check him out??
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hmmm...So you're saying I should check him out??

No!! You of all people do not need to listen to Savage!! Though this does sort of explain your little outburst at the CCW class!! Kind of a perspective thing!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#9]
little outburst??!  do tell.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

During the CCW class, the deputy was talking about the proposed law that would allow anyone to carry concealed in their car. He made the remark that most law enforcement officers did not want the law to pass, for (to him) understandable reasons.

He then asks everyone why they think that law enforcement is against the law (or any law that would allow *anyone* to carry a concealed weapon), JR promptly yells out "Because it would put you out of a job"!! The Deputy (who was actually pretty cool) took it very well, he just said "Nah, I think regardless whether this law passes or not, we have pretty good job security" or words to that effect.

Yep, I think JR is pretty much a rebel at heart. No Micheal Savage for him!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

During the CCW class, the deputy was talking about the proposed law that would allow anyone to carry concealed in their car. He made the remark that most law enforcement officers did not want the law to pass, for (to him) understandable reasons.

He then asks everyone why they think that law enforcement is against the law (or any law that would allow *anyone* to carry a concealed weapon), JR promptly yells out "Because it would put you out of a job"!! The Deputy (who was actually pretty cool) took it very well, he just said "Nah, I think regardless whether this law passes or not, we have pretty good job security" or words to that effect.

Yep, I think JR is pretty much a rebel at heart. No Micheal Savage for him!!

What can I say?  It's just my nature.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I have listened to him since early 2001. It has went off the air here in UT on two stations since then and I haven't found a station to pick him up now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#13]
So... why did the cops NOT want the law to pass?  I have not been able to come up with a logical reason, myself.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Road rage?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So... why did the cops NOT want the law to pass?  I have not been able to come up with a logical reason, myself.  

IIRC, because people who had no training, had not undergone a background check or had not taken a gun course of any kind would legally be able to carry a concealed weapon (in their car).
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I listen to savage almost daily. Being a fellow pissed of new yorker, I know exactly where he is coming from
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IIRC, because people who had no training, had not undergone a background check or had not taken a gun course of any kind would legally be able to carry a concealed weapon (in their car).

See.... my car is my personal property... I still have a problem calling it concealed, for puttinga gun in my personal property.  So, the cops expect with these newly-minted concealed weapons in people's hands, they will all the sudden go from good to evil?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder where Wild Bill, Dillion, Davy Crocket, etc... would have been without traning.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Savage gets on my nerves.  I think the guy is a total fake who's found a way to make money by being just a little more extreme and controversial.

Check out Lou Dobbs on CNN.   Good stuff there.  BTW, Dobbs is from Rupert, Idaho.

Link
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:18:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I listen to savage almost daily. Being a fellow pissed of new yorker, I know exactly where he is coming from

Where are you in UT and what station do you listen too?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have listened to him since early 2001. It has went off the air here in UT on two stations since then and I haven't found a station to pick him up now.

my brother in law recently showed me that Savage is on 97.5 FM at around 5:00 in the afternoon.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top