Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2005 8:45:49 PM EDT
With all the shit goin on in NO, now with gun confiscation and all, that just isnt going to happen to me. I havea 9mm pistol Taurus PT-99. Its accurate and i havent had problems with it. I need more mags though, any ideas to where i should get some? Im in Orlando if anybody knows of some here localy. I have a kit built AK, i havnt test fired it, but i finished it. Does anyone sell mags and ammo for an AK in Orlando? Anyone else putting together a bug-out setup? I should have had one already, but i 18 and can barely afford food.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
check out that shoot straight place up there, if not next time you are home  I know that we have mags for that at Guns & Knives...better go test that AK boy and make sure it works, all 3 I make function fine, just need to finish the stock on one and the rec on the other 2
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Anyone else putting together a bug-out setup? I should have had one already, but i 18 and can barely afford food.

visit the ARFCOM survival forums here.  We have a core group of FLA members that do nothing but backpacking  useing their BOBs they have built. Wanna learnsome stuff  we have an open invite hike comeing up......

it dont take much money.to build a BOB trust me!....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool thanks alot guys! I didnt know alot of FL guys were in there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

got AIM... Im me yer addy or ill send ya mine we chat each night and also onthe arfcom survival chat
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I would like to find out more about the hike.  Where can I find it or the post about the open invite.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would like to find out more about the hike.  Where can I find it or the post about the open invite.

Hit the arfcom survival forum,,, its tacked at the top!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

got AIM... Im me yer addy or ill send ya mine we chat each night and also onthe arfcom survival chat

Yeah its  pyro5k19. I had no idea about this, a year or so ago i posted about some survival stuff. Now that i think of it, it was right after 9/11. I was interested in gettin some survival stuff together. I have alot of outdoor stuff from my days in CAP. Damn, this has gotten me excited.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Protus, I just wish I knew what would be happening with me in Feb. I am in the Coast Guard now and have finally squared away everything for my training. If I am free I would love to go and learn some new things.  I will post some questions in the survival to find out more.

1BMF you mention that you have a Taurus. While that is good I dont think you should consider it part of your BOB kit. It adds weight, and needs (ammo, maintance, and some good conditions) which is that last thing you need in a "shit hits the fan" situation. A good knife will go a long way. It will start fires, kill prey, protect you and make some of the grueling task seem easier. Being in Florida I also have in mine. Fishing hooks, Fishing line, Compass, Topo Maps of the area, 550 cord, Salt, Chicken Broth Cubes, Flint Stone, Iodine, Mirror, Magnifine Glass. I think there is more but I would have to go and look. In the long run you will need to know what makes you tick and what you couldnt live with for week. I once knew a guy who needed to brush his teeth everyday and packed a toothbursh and paste in his kit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#9]
regnar no problem we do a few trips each year. the feb trip is a big open invite where its bring what you can carry.  last year we did the feb trip, and a ultra light weight BOB trip with a 20lb gear limit in may. we will prolly do the same thing this year and maybe  one other trip.
SF BOB link

let you  know what a common set upis for down here..
hope  you can make it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top