Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2007 11:34:13 AM EDT
I don't need one yet but I do think it would be a good idea to have his number on my cell phone in case of emergency.

I just don't know any lawyers. I live in the Stokes county area.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Spartan,

I sent you an IM.

Link Posted: 9/20/2007 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's some suggestions I recieved in no particular order.

Vince Rabil, Carl Parish, Michael Grace or David Freidman.

Does anyone have any experience with them? I also feel I should mention that I live in Stokes county but I work in Forsyth & spend most of my time there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Vince Rabil and Carl Parrish are both very good at what they do.  What is an "SD" case?
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Self defense. If you hang around here long enough you'll pick up the lingo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The previously mentioned lawyers in Winston-Salem are great. Joe Cheshire in Raleigh also very good.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
A good website for checking out lawyers is

www.martindale.com

They do peer reviews and show the profiles of the lawyers. Also a good idea to
check the NC bar association.

Blackops_1.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't need one yet but I do think it would be a good idea to have his number on my cell phone in case of emergency.

I just don't know any lawyers. I live in the Stokes county area.

This post screams premeditation more so than preparedness. (just my opinion)
If you need it in an emergency in your cell, does that mean you will be calling him in the midst of the battle? And you say you don't need it "yet", sounds very premeditated. Maybe justt me but none of that sounds good. I think anyone that carries a gun would be wise to check into things like this, but to have the number on the ready is kind of, hmmmm. odd.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I must disagree. Why not have it handy on speed dial?

Should the time come when I actually would need it, I'm sure my adrenaline would be spiking & going through the yellow pages looking for a lawyer at a time like that doesnt seem like a good idea.

And you say you don't need it "yet", sounds very premeditated.

Would it be better to say, "As of the moment, I don't actually need it."?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I must disagree. Why not have it handy on speed dial?

Should the time come when I actually would need it, I'm sure my adrenaline would be spiking & going through the yellow pages looking for a lawyer at a time like that doesnt seem like a good idea.

And you say you don't need it "yet", sounds very premeditated.

Would it be better to say, "As of the moment, I don't actually need it."?

Ehh, like I said, just my opinion. I got the feeling from the post that it's a given it will be needed and that like I said, I think it is a good idea to have already looked into so there is no frantic looking the the phone book, but to have it on speed dial. lmao, comon.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#10]
How about on a scrap of paper? That might work but it probably would get lost among all the others.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How about on a scrap of paper? That might work but it probably would get lost among all the others.

lol, man, comon. I said it was just my opinion. You put it wherever you want, I just felt that it sounded odd. I have more important numbers to put on speed dial.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#12]
As do I. I'm not saying that it's the only number that should be on there. Just one of them. My phone happens to hold quite a few numbers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#13]

This post screams premeditation more so than preparedness. (just my opinion)
If you need it in an emergency in your cell, does that mean you will be calling him in the midst of the battle? And you say you don't need it "yet", sounds very premeditated. Maybe justt me but none of that sounds good. I think anyone that carries a gun would be wise to check into things like this, but to have the number on the ready is kind of, hmmmm. odd.

I'm going to have to make that my opinion as well.  Is it because the guy carries a bowie knife around openly in public?

So if you are "forced" to defend your self somewhere,, you plan on calling a Lawyer BEFORE the cops? Strange indeed.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't recall saying that I would "call a lawyer before the police". Feel free to actually read the OP before saying something dumb.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Ohh,, super sorry,, I took this,,,

I don't need one yet but I do think it would be a good idea to have his number on my cell phone in case of emergency

To mean that you would be calling a lawyer in an

emergency

don't see anything about 911 in the OP.... That's generally who you call in an emergency.

My $.02 for free.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Well duh. Do I also need to say to make sure to wash your hands after visiting the bathroom?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Better start a new thread for that topic dude.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Got 2 of my lawyers cell and house #'s on speed dial...
Walter Vatcher in case something goes down in Onslow County..
Michael Lincoln in case something goes down in Carteret County..

Never needed to call em, but its a just in case thing...

CXS
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok, here is the deal people. If the need arises, you better make sure that your wife, girlfriend or boyfriend, whatever the case may be, has that number because once you are taken into custody and processed, you numbers on your cell will do you no good. If you shoot or beat the hell out of someone your first responsibility after making sure you and people around you are safe, is to get that person help if they are alive. Making that highly anticipated call to you lawyer on your speed dial is not the first thing that should be on your mental list of things to do. Call the authorities and medical personnel.

"I don't recall saying that I would "call a lawyer before the police". Feel free to actually read the OP before saying something dumb."
No one said you said this but I think it was kind of implied. Don't take things personally. When you make a post take everyones responses with a grain of salt and do what you feel you need to do.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#20]
most lawyers I've run into charge a *small* fee to let someone off the street have their cell number.  Just my experience.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
most lawyers I've run into charge a *small* fee to let someone off the street have their cell number.  Just my experience.

My aunt works for Mike Lincoln and Im "friends" with his deadbeat son..
And I hooked up Vatchers Home Theater System, I wanted to hook up his daughter...
But its probably not kosher to burn that handy bridge...

CXS
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#22]
perhaps you should look into those prepaid attorney thingys. i have an attorney that ive used almost every year since 1997(speeding tix), but i dont keep his number on me, when i need him, i just look him up.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#23]
It's funny that on a board where tons of people are "prepared for anything" that they think it's weird to prepare for legal issues.  In this day and age, it's not a bad idea to be prepared for that as well.  

FWIW, I have the number of a tow-truck company in my cell.... And I don't need it *yet* either.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Just finished the front sight course and they advocated being on good terms with a local lawyer who is respected in the community and familiar with self-defense law..  former DAs are usually very good.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just finished the front sight course and they advocated being on good terms with a local lawyer who is respected in the community and familiar with self-defense law..  former DAs are usually very good.

Thats where Walter Vatcher comes into play...

CXS
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#26]
I just don't get the accusations of premeditation.

Mas Ayoob is always ranting about the legal aftermath of self-defense.

I think it's a damn good idea to have a lawyer's number handy, maybe several for different specialties.

I also think a list of emergency contact numbers and instructions for you should be given to 2 or 3 people in case you can't call out yourself.

This is a sound idea, instead of sitting at the computer reading the latest zombie thread and planning your SHTF tacti-kewl zombie setup, try to think of viable worst case scenarios and write down contacts and plans as to what needs to be done.

Having a go-to guy for legal ramifications after defending yourself is akin to having the number for an insurance agent in case of a fire, a mechanic if your car breaks down, or next of kin/living will in case you can't make medical decisions for yourself.

If anyone knows of an attorney experienced in SD cases in the Greensboro area I'd be much obliged.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#27]
BTT.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:52:19 AM EDT
[#28]
If you want an Attorney on speed dial who will be on stand by come to your self defense shooting at 2AM the answer is the same for fast cars, guns, or Women, How much can you afford?

You just want a lawyer to call at 2AM. pick a number out of the phone book.

You want a lawyer to DO something at 2 AM its called retainer. You pay the man in advance.
You want to know who will do this? set up appointments with one in your area. get his fees for this. When he is not interested ask who he would recommend get several names. repeat the process with them all till you find one who will represent you as you wish.
Again how much can you afford?

NOI
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:45:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If you want an Attorney on speed dial who will be on stand by come to your self defense shooting at 2AM the answer is the same for fast cars, guns, or Women, How much can you afford?

You just want a lawyer to call at 2AM. pick a number out of the phone book.

You want a lawyer to DO something at 2 AM its called retainer. You pay the man in advance.
You want to know who will do this? set up appointments with one in your area. get his fees for this. When he is not interested ask who he would recommend get several names. repeat the process with them all till you find one who will represent you as you wish.
Again how much can you afford?

NOI

I know. I just bumped this thread in case anyone new here needed a few names.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top