Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:15:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 5:15:43 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
Just curious. I live in Athens and work at Bromley.

Edit to say I seem to remember at least one member on this site went to OU. I'm sure more than that do but I remember one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:58:46 PM EDT
I went to OU...... I think......Lots of bars back then. I graduated in 1969. I actually lived in Bromley for a little while before I got an apartment. I don't remember much after I got the apartment.

Then I woke up one day and I was in the Army and then I got shipped off to Vietnam. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Cheap red wine isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Groucho
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Groucho:
I went to OU...... I think......Lots of bars back then. I graduated in 1969. I actually lived in Bromley for a little while before I got an apartment. I don't remember much after I got the apartment.

Then I woke up one day and I was in the Army and then I got shipped off to Vietnam. Let that be a lesson to you, kids. Cheap red wine isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Groucho

Details! Details!(I'd bet there was a woman involved!)

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Groucho:

Groucho

Bromley has a dining hall in it now (in addition to being an upperclassmen dorm).

There are still lots of bars, too. Court St. and the surrounding area is about 1/2 bars.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 1:44:34 PM EDT by SatelliteMan]
I graduated from Harvard on the Hocking in the mid 1980's. I live not too far from A-town these days.

IM me sometime & maybe we can go burn some ammo.

eta: maybe I'm the guy you're thinking about. I posted a while back asking about OU type peeples.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
I had a friend that went there but I havnt talked to him in a couple of years. Beautiful place though.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:21:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 4:23:07 PM EDT by gestalt3]
I loved my 4+ tears at OU, been wanting to go back down there just to see how much things have changed. It the 5 football seasons that I was there, the footbal team won 6 games...4 of those were in one year.

Coolest freshman dorm...The convo....worst freshman dorm while you have a 8am class 5 days a week...the convo...a long walk, uphill. I quickly learned that I only needed to be at the 8am class on mondays and fridays (test on friday, scores on monday)

...I must admit I miss the place.

ETA, my wife went to that other Ivy-Leauge State school...Miami.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Top Top