Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 6:58:12 PM EDT
I forgot your name .  But I clearly remember that beautiful wood your buddy had refinished for you.  I was going to try and refinish some laminated wood for an AK I have and was just wondering if your buddy could give me a few tips, if I remember correctly he was a member here too.  Thanks.  I know nothing of refinishing wood but have this to work with.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#1]
kstarr; There is a whole section on refinishing on 'AK Forum.net"; many details on red refinishing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#2]
That was my buddies rifle and i was the one that refinished his wood stock on the psl.
I used Mini wax Polyshades bombay mahogany, rubbed on in light coats until i got the desired color.
The polyshades type of stain can be hard to work with if you arent familiar with it.
My Russian M44 was also refinished with this but i went with Gloss clear coat over the stain insteads of going with semi gloss that was on the PSL.
IF you have any further questions just PM me.

Shawn
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That was my buddies rifle and i was the one that refinished his wood stock on the psl.
I used Mini wax Polyshades bombay mahogany, rubbed on in light coats until i got the desired color.
The polyshades type of stain can be hard to work with if you arent familiar with it.
My Russian M44 was also refinished with this but i went with Gloss clear coat over the stain insteads of going with semi gloss that was on the PSL.

Shawn

Thank you brother, that is exactly what I wanted to know.  Personally, I think I preferred the semi gloss for my ak wood.  I'll let you know how it comes out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shawn

Thank you brother, that is exactly what I wanted to know.  Personally, I think I preferred the semi gloss for my ak wood.  I'll let you know how it comes out.

If all goes well post pictures
If you need any more help dont hesitate to ask.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top