Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2012 5:19:13 PM EDT
Who has one local to the twin cities I can look and maybe test it (ill provide ammo) I always wanted one of these swiss rifle and this one came from the factory with what seems to be what we will ever be the closest to the swiss version
Any imput pros and cons, this is gonna be a range stay home rifle no duty for this one
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:41:26 AM EDT
I think I have seen them at Bills before.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:26:12 PM EDT
I still want a true 550, but she will do

wishing they had 20 rounders for them though
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:09:16 PM EDT
The upper and lower are painted, so the wear points will show after a while. The mag catch was undersized for the size of the pocket it sat in, allowing it to move side to side more than it should. There was also something else wrong about taking the mag out, it wanted to bind. I sold it before I shot it. For the price of the mags, I would get the new classic version that has the swiss stock and uses AR mags. Thats my plan.

Brick
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:35:29 PM EDT
It's kinda wired how Sig would release stuff that's all mess up
I'm gonna meetup with a fellow arfcom to try his out ill have to make a decision after that btwn the 551 a1 and the classic
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:27:31 AM EDT
Big thanks to Evil-Ed for letting me test drive his new rifle

This is really what Arfcommer about
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:54:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ThinBlueAr:
Big thanks to Evil-Ed for letting me test drive his new rifle

This is really what Arfcommer about

Not a problem man! It was great meeting you, and I'm glad you liked the rifle

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:59:23 AM EDT
Great pics of your range session, too!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:08:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
Great pics of your range session, too!!!

Oh, you didn't just go there

Nah, he shot, I loaded the mags. He actually has more rounds through the rifle now than I do

The nice thing is, he was able to group it, which I couldn't do when I went out...out of the box from the factory it's a smidge to the left, but that's it. Otherwise dead on, using the 100M aperature at 25~ yards.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:18:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2012 12:19:42 PM EDT by ThinBlueAr]
Evil-ed, I think I decided to go the 552 clone route just bought a 556 pistol off gunbroker

Hey guys in a couple of weeks ill have my LaRue PredatAR 556 16 incher in so it ll be my turn to return the favor if anyone wants a test drive (with Ur ammo lol)
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:14:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ThinBlueAr:
Evil-ed, I think I decided to go the 552 clone route just bought a 556 pistol off gunbroker

Hey guys in a couple of weeks ill have my LaRue PredatAR 556 16 incher in so it ll be my turn to return the favor if anyone wants a test drive (with Ur ammo lol)

Nice!
Top Top