Member Login

Posted: 12/20/2012 4:27:16 AM EDT
...of In-Laws for Christmas?

Two weeks...

G23c
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:41:52 AM EDT
I have the father-in-law for 3 weeks.
He's cool.
The wife cleans more and cooks more when he is around.
And last night he popped on the Miss Universe pagent . If I would have done that the wife would have got all bent about it but since he did it she thought it was cute....

When I met him he didnt dig the whole gun thing.
Now he bugs me to go plinkin.
Convert.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:59:37 AM EDT
Mine will be here for 2-3 days next week, but I don't mind. My in-laws are good people, and it makes the wife happy to have them here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:05:20 AM EDT
Mother in law, two sister in law, one brother in law, and three kids for 4 weeks.

But i don't really mind, they don't speak very good English
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:14:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gajeep94yj:
Mother in law, two sister in law, one brother in law, and three kids for 4 weeks.

I bet that translates to cooking and feasting at epic levels.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:25:18 AM EDT
My in-laws and my mom for two weeks here ...

Not too bad, good cooking, some golf and cocktails every night. I'll be ready for them to go by day 6 though
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:45:41 AM EDT
My wife and sister arw fueding over petty woman bullshit, so we wont be going over there for Christmas eve. We both have just about decided to stay home and anyone that wants to come over can. They dont want to see me or my wife anyway, just the kids.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:54:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 400North:

Absolutely! You have no idea, my wife had been cooking like a mad women. We have so many cookies and other goodies there isn't much room for any thing else.

Any one who was at the last htf shoot got a small taste of the toffee type stuff they make. We now have cases full of it!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:50:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 400North:

Absolutely! You have no idea, my wife had been cooking like a mad women. We have so many cookies and other goodies there isn't much room for any thing else.

Any one who was at the last htf shoot got a small taste of the toffee type stuff they make. We now have cases full of it!

so.... want to deliver to your favorite reloading supplier?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:30:01 AM EDT
Ha! If i can get it out work early enough tomorrow i will
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:44:39 AM EDT
Meh, they're not that bad, I'm only joking. I'm on the wagon trying to drop a few pounds so that's most of my annoyance!

G23c
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:46:13 AM EDT
Divorced, likely won't see the former in-laws this year, as my ex now lives close enough to take daughter to see them on her own. If daughter decides to spend any time with her... I generally get along with them better than I do with her...
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:46:59 AM EDT
put the Atlantic between me and the in laws, bad thing is that my parents are on the other side too
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 2:36:16 PM EDT
Mom in law for Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. Which is awesome.

Cookie baking begins Saturday!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 6:08:23 PM EDT
Meh. I like most of my in-laws. However, I've already told my wife that no house guest, even my own flesh and blood, is allowed to stay more than 3-4 days at a go. For my sanity as much as anything else.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:20:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By toqueville:
Meh. I like most of my in-laws. However, I've already told my wife that no house guest, even my own flesh and blood, is allowed to stay more than 3-4 days at a go. For my sanity as much as anything else.

That used to be my rule too...... until I built the man cave. Now I can escape. I can do weeks on end now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:39:09 PM EDT
Mine live in town (an hour away), so we see them almost every week.

They are spending the night Monday, but will be gone by Tuesday night.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:43:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DJinGA:
Mine live in town (an hour away), so we see them almost every week.

They are spending the night Monday, but will be gone by Tuesday night.

Mine live 10 minutes away.

Realistically, though, they spend so much time traveling that we never see them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:31:57 AM EDT
Still here.

Just a few more days...

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:06:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By glock23carry:
Still here.

Just a few more days...

LOL
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:49:36 AM EDT
Between now and New Years Day, the number of domestic disputes go up considerably.

I've always felt it's because they've all been in the house just long enough to remember why it is they don't live together.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:14:59 PM EDT
I bet it is the 8,000th time he has to repeat himself that he loses it.
Top Top