Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 5:57:19 PM EDT
I'm looking for someone to do a firearm transfer in the E. Valley that isn't going to charge me a fortune and will accept firearms from a private individual. I'd prefer under $20. Does anyone have a preferred FFL?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Warren at Ameetec.  I think he only charges 10 or 15 bucks.
www.ameetecarms.com
George
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate FFL's!  They're ALL FLAKES!

"Whoa, Dude.  I forgot to mail my copy out.  I promise I'll get it today."

Scottsdale Gun Club is the most professional that I've used.  But they're not near me, and they charge Scottsdale Rates.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Scottsdale Gun Club is the most professional that I've used.  But they're not near me, and they charge Scottsdale Rates.

Some will hand you a signed copy of their ffl in a stamped envelope.  All you have to do is write the address on it and mail it.  I like that approach.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Gilbert/South Mesa, You have Azexarms, Cav Arms, and Ameetec.  All with in like 100 feet of each other.  All Great guys, you'll have to give them a call.  They are East of Stapley North of Elliot.

If you are in Chandler Area, you could always call Dave Basha.  Or My Dentist Paul Vardi(sp?)

AJ There are a few guys out there.  But they like Beer and Tannerite.  So if that scares you then Never Mind.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, after calling just about every dealer/pawn shop in the east valley, it looks like the cheapest is AZ collectibles and firearms in Tempe at $20. $25 seems to be the average with some others charging $40-$50 per transfer I was also told that it is an AZ law that all firearms being transferred have to be sent from a dealer. Is that true? Back in MA, I could by firearms and have them sent to my dealer from the individual I bought it from. The dealers also only charged $15. The paperwork must be a hassle nowadays for the dealers to charge so much.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If any weapon is coming from out of state, to a new owner, it is Federal Law that an FFL receive it.

D.
AZEX

I know that but I had someone tell me that the firearm cannot be sent to a FFL from an individual. It must go from FFL to FFL.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I know that but I had someone tell me that the firearm cannot be sent to a FFL from an individual. It must go from FFL to FFL.

I've done several this way, it all depends on the FFL But it doesnt have to be sent from FFL to FFL
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks. It sounded like BS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well, after calling just about every dealer/pawn shop in the east valley, it looks like the cheapest is AZ collectibles and firearms in Tempe at $20. $25 seems to be the average with some others charging $40-$50 per transferhat

I've never used AZ Firearms and Colectibles for recieving anything, but every time I've ever been in there, they've given me absolutely terrible service.

I won't go into that shop anymore. And I used to live less than a block away.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Or My Dentist Paul Vardi(sp?)

[HIJACK]

Your Dentist has an FFL?

Please elaborate.  I am in need of a new Dentist...  Got a number?  He any good at Dentistry?

[/HIJACK]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude........

Spend the Xtra $5 and have Derek do it.   It will be done right.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[HIJACK]

Your Dentist has an FFL?

Please elaborate.  I am in need of a new Dentist...  Got a number?  He any good at Dentistry?

[/HIJACK]

Ill have to find his card and post the info on here.  He is in south Tempe.

Cool guy.

Great Dentist!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[HIJACK]

Your Dentist has an FFL?

[/HIJACK]

Yeah, me too!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#17]
if you live in Tucson, AJC Sporting Goods does it for $15
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Dude........

Spend the Xtra $5 and have Derek do it.   It will be done right.

that is what i did for my last out of state xfer and it went off smooth. D. is a great guy to deal with.
           later  jay
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Paul Varda is my Dentist too and he's a great guy.

My boy calls him "Big Paul the Tooth Doctor"

D.
AZEX

Anybody have a phone number?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope its ok to post this...

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Andrew Centofani of AJC Sporting Goods is one of the best gun dealers I have ever met.  I do all my transfers through him, and buy all my Armalit and Eagle Arms parts off of him.  His Armalite/Eagle prices are the lowest I have ever seen, be it on the internet or at a B&M store.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some will hand you a signed copy of their ffl in a stamped envelope.  All you have to do is write the address on it and mail it.  I like that approach.  

I carry in the addressed, stamped envelope and hand it to the FFL to send.  Makes things easier.  I include any email references I have too.  I get mine done for $15 to $20 in Tucson.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:25:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys, I hate to hijack the thread, but it seemed like a good place to ask.  I might be selling a handgun to an out of state guy and I've never done this before.  What is the procedure for sending this out?.  Also, what do I need from his end (besides the payment).  It sounds like I need a signed copy of an FFL, but is there anything else.

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
25 per Xfer.

D.
AZEX

I just moved to Tucson recently.... not really familar with the state yet. How far is Gilbert from Tucson???
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
25 per Xfer.

D.
AZEX

I just moved to Tucson recently.... not really familar with the state yet. How far is Gilbert from Tucson???

I can probably make the drive in about an hour and thirty if traffic isn't too bad.  That's starting from the Ajo and Mission area.

ETA

If you're in Tucson and you need a transfer, give Andrew Centofani a ring.  His email is [email protected].  He's over on the eastside and he'll do transfers for $15 a pop.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:15:25 AM EDT
[#30]
tagged for future refernence
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andrew Centofani of AJC Sporting Goods is one of the best gun dealers I have ever met.  I do all my transfers through him, and buy all my Armalit and Eagle Arms parts off of him.  His Armalite/Eagle prices are the lowest I have ever seen, be it on the internet or at a B&M store.

Armalite & Eagle arms....?? are you sure you are speaking of the same person ?? Mike Detty of Mad Dog Ent. is the only one in Tucson who is a dealer of the above products, no doubt Andy is a great guy & one of the nicest people to deal with..., i consider him a friend, we shoot at the same ranges.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Armalite & Eagle arms....?? are you sure you are speaking of the same person ?? Mike Detty of Mad Dog Ent. is the only one in Tucson who is a dealer of the above products, no doubt Andy is a great guy & one of the nicest people to deal with..., i consider him a friend, we shoot at the same ranges.

Yes Armalite and Eagle Arms.  Andy doesn't have a storefront.  He orders as you need it.  His prices are the best I have seen.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:55:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thanks!

D.
AZEX

D's good people...btw, hows the RPK...Have you cleaned it yet!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey D, I resemble that remark!  h
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Hey, folks, this reminds me....look no further than MCTLTD (Mike, the dude above) for your firearms transfers.  Trust me, he's done a couple for me and he's THE MAN!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
RPD and yes, I had to clean it again, I cleaned it at about 8000 rounds and again at 12000 rounds when both gasports were completely occluded (if you're from Apache Junction that means clogged up) with carbon and the gun FINALLY ceased to work.

D.
AZEX

I think I put about 1k of that total on it at that one shoot when the German film crew showed up

good times good times.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
.....both gasports were completely occluded (if you're from Apache Junction that means clogged up)
D.
AZEX

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top