Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2022 11:53:27 AM EDT
I was thinking about this the other day and admittedly I’m not sure who is a candidate?  Had a kid knock on my door and share some info about Casey Wardynski.  He’s a conservative Freedom Caucus, wants to abolish the Dept of Education, supposedly for more freedoms.  Honestly I don’t know much about him.  I vote republican and lean toward libertarian.  

What other congressional candidates are out there.  Who do you like and why?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just based off of the crap Wardynski did as superintendent of Huntsville city schools, he will never get my vote. Utter failure.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just based off of the crap Wardynski did as superintendent of Huntsville city schools, he will never get my vote. Utter failure.
View Quote

Huntsville city schools is wrecked.  What did he do?  I’ll have to do some searching.  

A friend said Andy Blaylock was worth a look.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Huntsville city schools is wrecked.  What did he do?  I’ll have to do some searching.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wardynski was the superintendent of Huntsville City Schools for several years and I don't think you'll find a single person who had a child in the system during those years who would walk across the street to piss on his head if his hair were on fire.  Myself included.  

For one example, the Toyota engine plant north of town approached the school system with an offer to fund a full blown tech school program to train machinists and the like so they wouldn't have such a hard time finding employees.  The HCS system basically told them "thanks but no thanks", so Toyota went over to Decatur and made the same offer.  Guess where the new tech school program was set up?

ETA:  My son was taking machining classes (first at the old tech school on Drake, and later at the new Grissom) when all this went down.  His instructor bailed and went over to Decatur to take advantage of the new Toyota program.  I believe it was set up at Brewer High School but could be mistaken.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wardynski also started busing students after he shut down Johnson high school. Started some big huge problems at the schools. I know several teachers who left HCS because of lack of administration support. He outsourced alternative school to Pinnacle Schools if IIRC, which was owned by his CEO mistress.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#5]
We had our kids in HCS and pulled them after a year because it was horrible.  And we were in a decent neighborhood.  The desegregation reorg really hurt HCS.  

Thanks for the info on Wardinsky.  

How about Andy Blaylock?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
None of them are worth much more than a bucket of warm spit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top