Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 5:16:53 PM EDT
Made the trip to Whittakers today, wasn't real busy, so it was nice looking around.  He still has a good bit of AR stuff.  Some lowers made from composite for $149.  HESSE AR for $600 and a bunch of Bushmasters.  AR mags were mostly $20.
He had a deal on CETME mags for $3 and Eagle 10/22 - 30 rounders for $9.99.  

Almost picked up a Sig Pro in 9mm for $369 NIB w/ 5 - 10 round mags, but it was DAO.  If you have the time check it out.  I noticed the guns listed on the web were somewhat outdated....

Picked up a few mags and ammo, no toys on this trip....
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
i've heard alot of good info about that store.  one day i will head that direction.  

do they have much in bolt action rifles.  really looking for a savage fple2b.  it has the McMIlian stock.  or a remminton  pss.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
He has a little bit of everything.  His web site doesn't do him justice.  I know some guys from Louisville that drove to see him to pick up a few .204 rifles.  You can also check out Uncle Lees in Greenville.  www.unclelees.com  or www.wingsupply.com  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Whittaker's is my favorite gun shop. It's the only place I've ever been with over 2000 guns is stock and all of the long guns are on open display for you to fondle. Prices are usually the best around as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be heading over that way towards the end of the month and plan to swing by to take a look.  I have been looking for a full size 9MM  Vector Uzi but can't seem to locate one.  I would like a used one just to play around with.  The only ones I have found so far are the pre ban IMI's running from $1800+.  I can order brand new from Vector for $600.  Just something different to plink with.  If anyone swings by and see a good used one for $500 or less give me a shout.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Whittakers had two uzi's setting on the shelf this past Sat. not sure what brand.  I saw them there just didn't bother to look close.  Give them a call and find out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whittakers had two uzi's setting on the shelf this past Sat. not sure what brand.  I saw them there just didn't bother to look close.  Give them a call and find out.

If I remember correctly, both of them were in the $1600 range.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Might also call Oakwood Guns, he had an UZI about a month ago, didn't ask the price.  He said it was the "good" model whatever that means.  Oakwood is off of Shelbyville Road, close to the Gene Snyder.  in Louisville.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for heads up peeps.  Most of the ones I find are in the 4 digit range.  Although they are quality wepons, I just don't want to pay that much to plink with it.  I will have to check out Oakwood as it is right up the road from me and I didn't even know it!  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Whittaker's is amazing. We drive up from Campbell rather often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top