Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 2:41:48 PM EDT
Looking to go to a show this weekend....haven't been to either of these locations.  What do you guys think
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If the last show at the farmers market was any indication I would say Eastman's in Dalton.  The farmers market show wasn't crowded  so it was kinda nice to be able to walk around with out worrying about the crowd.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The farmer's market show is pretty worthless lately.  I would consider the Dalton show in hopes of seeing some different dealers than the usual Atlanta dealers.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to the Dalton show. The Forest Park show has been extremely poor the last couple of shows...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
If the Ga mountain is like most the ones I have been to here I would avoid it.  Eastman show last weekend was good I spent too much money there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I could do it the ARFCOM way....BOTH!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:33:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I will be at the Farmer's Market to check things out. Usually not a great show but you can find some deals.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I will probably go to the GA Mountain show Saturday just to check it out like EOD. Hell I have to work at the airport Saturday morning so maybe I can find a deal....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Me and Catasomething may be there as well.  May find some more cheap commie guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I will most likely be at the Farmers Market.  Closing on a house and have some papers to sign in the afternoon...so can't go to Dalton.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got back from the Farmers Market show and there really wasn't anything good. Hit & Run was at the show and I picked up his last stripped RRA lower with a parts kit for $160.00 and a bolt/carrier with a charging handle for 110.00. So not too bad of deal, other wise the show had nothing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I went to the farmers market as well, and also bought a stripped RRA lower and parts kit from Phil. I saw JohnGA there, but wasn't there long. Not much to see, so I went and looked at the produce for sale, and my son got himself a watermelon
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I went to the farmers market as well, and also bought a stripped RRA lower and parts kit from Phil. I saw JohnGA there, but wasn't there long. Not much to see, so I went and looked at the produce for sale, and my son got himself a watermelon

Dang...must have missed you.  I was there until about 1:30.  D.

EDIT...did you guys see the $1500 pre-ban AR's?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't look at much. I'd called Phil on Friday and asked him to take a lower and parts kit down there and hold them for me, so I didn't look at much. My son has a thing for some of those cheesy knives, so we spent most of our time looking at them. We were down there at 9:30am, and left around 11.

I guess to those that may not know much about the ban, the rifles are still appealing.

There's a guy that has an M14 NM for $8500. The rifle has a TRW receiver and a happy switch. I believe that the M14 NM's had the auto lever welded or otherwise fized so that they didn't function. I think it is still considered a machine gun though. Nice gun, but real steep.

Funny that the SAR1's have gone up to $450 range.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
We didn't get there until late.  Catasomthing picked up a Nagant revolver to add to her commie colection.  The price of the gun wasn't bad $150 but ammo is outrageous.  Looking for a .32acp cylinder for it now.  I picked up a Dan Wesson 6 inch .357.  for $210 to take to the deer woods.  We did notice the SAR1 prices  too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I was there with my youngest today also.  Yeah I saw the 1500 "prebans". Also saw the 70. M44 mosins that are still dripping cosmo.  EEWw.  

Found no 303 Brit mil surp.  Was not to impressed.  The boy had a nice time looking at the knives and swords and stuf.  Well he just turned 12 last week.  

Kinda hoping to find a decent priced AK reciver for my next tinker project.  

I think I was there around 2 ish.  If you heard someone calling out "John" and was wearing a green shirt well that was me.  

Sorry I missed you guys.

Buzz.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I was there around 2:00-2:30...Yeah I did see over priced ARs - there was a Colt 9mm for $1898.00 . What the hell are some people thinking????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top