Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 9:20:24 AM EDT
I want to buy an additional few lowers but want to make sure they are going to be considered assault weapons.

which should I avoid, ASA, Superior arms, LAR?

thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I would stay with Stag, Mega, Lauer, Fulton, Superior, and Ameetec.

Let me know what you can find.  I'm interested too.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
im kinda suprised that ammetec and superior are that well known??
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys crack me up!  ALL of the unlisted lowers WILL be on the list.  The DOJ has spent extensive time pouring through Shotgun News, the internet, and investigating the FFLs selling these lowers.  They KNOW which ones are in the state and they're well aware of many others that are making their way in now.

I've heard various stories to just how extensive the list is, but I believe that there are over 20 manufacturers going on the list.  The size of the update is going to exceed the size of the original list.  Don't expect the DOJ to miss anything... they won't.  This is an election year so they're going to do a rock solid job on this update.  If they do miss anything you can be assured that there will now be people working hard on keeping the list updated.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the DOJ is actively pursuing a court procedure to get the CaliFALs declared a "series" weapon so they can keep a list of those too.  Look folks, technically speaking, we put one over on them.  Now they're going to really clamp down hard.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Uhhhh, yeah....okay.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not sure that every unlisted lower out there will get listed - at least in the first cut.  Some of the small vendors whose names we haven't seen in group buys, etc. may initially be missed.

But the DOJ will get 70+% of them the first time out.  Be assured that Stags, Fultons, SunDevils, MEGAs, Lauers, DSAs, etc. will be on the list - Superior/RB likely too.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
i own both ar and ak types by vulcan but i havent really heard anything bout them getting added
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The Vulcans both in Carbon Fiber form and in Aluminum form have been comming into the state in both Southern and Northern California.  Vulcan has been selling its stripped lowers directly to California FFLs.  Not only are stripped vulcan lowers going on the list (it's just too obvious for them to miss it) but there is a SIGNIFICANT possibility glued mag vulcans will also be added.

When Wes and I talked to Supervising Special Agent Ignacious Chinn at the San Jose show, he said he is aware that people are dropping the mags from the glued Vulcans and those are likely to be added to the list.  If the DOJ already know about Vulcan as a manufacturer it's not that far of a stretch to assume they'll be on the new list.  It's also not that far of a stretch to realize all the existing Vulcans will make the list because #1 they have the same model number as stripped ones and #2 people are dropping the mag anyways.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Based on my informal list of brand/model combinations not on the list, I came up with 20 manufacturers of AR type lowers.  I'm sure there quite a few more that I haven't seen yet.

Also, keep an eye out for some new and established companies entering the AR world.  A well know gun maker is introducing it's AR at SHOT.  If they release it after the list is updated, it may be available for the next round.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Vulcans both in Carbon Fiber form and in Aluminum form have been comming into the state in both Southern and Northern California.  Vulcan has been selling its stripped lowers directly to California FFLs.  Not only are stripped vulcan lowers going on the list (it's just too obvious for them to miss it) but there is a SIGNIFICANT possibility glued mag vulcans will also be added.

that would such there would basically be no fixed mag AR's left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I ahvent checked this board in a while, can someone uodate me on what commotion is about?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I ahvent checked this board in a while, can someone uodate me on what commotion is about?

oh man...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ya snooze, ya loose.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Based on my informal list of brand/model combinations not on the list, I came up with 20 manufacturers of AR type lowers.  I'm sure there quite a few more that I haven't seen yet.

Also, keep an eye out for some new and established companies entering the AR world.  A well know gun maker is introducing it's AR at SHOT.  If they release it after the list is updated, it may be available for the next round.

I am just DYING to see those companies enter the business.  Hopefully they do so before legislation can be enacted to stop their lowers from comming into the state.  Afterall the DOJ has shown us they're so effective at keeping these things out of the state... so effective that there's five aluminum forged lowers and two carbon fiber lowers in my safe now !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top