Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:54:57 AM EDT
Where is the best place to take my Explorer for Servicing? Also, not sure if there's one in St. George, but would it be better and cheaper to take it over there?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Ford Country in Henderson is a pretty good place.  That's where we take our F-150.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ford Country in Henderson is a pretty good place.

+1  They did some warranty work for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of servicing do you need?  I've always been reluctant to go to the stealership for anything, but sometimes it's a necessary evil.  That having been said, Ford Country irritated the hell out of me on an issue with my truck a few years ago.  I was getting some leaking from the fuel/water separator.  The told me it'd be just south of $400 to have it rebuilt.  Turns out, the problem was simply the cap hadn't been fully tightened (needs a strap wrench) the previous time it was there to get the fuel filter changed.  On top of that when I dug into it to change the filter out myself, I found an extra 4" o-ring floating around inside the fuel bowl.  Apparently they had left the o-ring behind from the previous fuel filter when they had previously changed it.  Now then, if that sloppy-ass mechanic is still there to this day, I don't know.  But it seems like even the service writers were looking out for their own commission and would approach the problem by throwing a bunch of parts and your money at it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used both Friendly Ford and Ford Country over the last 9 years for servicing and have been happy with both. Mustang Sally's Diner at the dealership was always a good place to get some lunch while you waited for your car.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I need to get a major service/inspection done. I bought the vehicle used at 30K miles and now have about 85K.  I've never taken it for an inspection.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought mine at Friendly and had minor servicing done there with no issue.  Their body shop sucks though.  All the rest of my service was done at Team without an issue.  They had to replace my A/C compressor under warranty and didn't charge anything for the extra labor required because of my Kenne Bell supercharger.  I was expecting a hassle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top