Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 10:10:15 PM EDT
I've got some I want to sell, but I'm not really comfortable with the whole selling guns over the internet process.  Any good tips on where would be good to go in portland to sell?  I'm really tired of taking it in the shorts on trade ins from dealers so they can make margin on 2 guns.  I've never tried to sell at a gun show, is it even legal to sell privately at shows now?

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It is hard to sell FTF, but selling to dealers you will lose 40-60% of the value. They after all need to make a living. You can however  do a FTF and still go through an FFL, they should only charge you for the background check then about $35.

What ya selling, please IM so you don't get in trouble for posting a fs in an non-EE forum.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was a little leary with the net at first, but I've had 3 FTF sales off of the EE, and 2 shipped sales (non-guns).....been pretty happy so far. You can kinda get a feel for someone in how they act in their IM's and E-mails.....if you aren't comfortable reading what they wrote, you probably won't be comfortable meeting them in person....simple as that.

Oh ya.........DIBS ON WHAT ilike9s DOESN"T BUY!

j/k, I'm broke.........
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing you can do is advertise it on the EE here and say "Oregon residents only". We do have a link here for Oregon only EE. From there work everything out, and then do a FTF and sell guns out of the trunk of your car in a restaurant parking lot.

It works.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I called Gunbroker and they WILL NOT do a background check for some one that is not buying a gun from them....even if you offer to pay for it.

Just post it up and put OREGON/WASHINGTON ONLY in the title.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
what cha got ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Some gun clubs let you put up flyers selling stuff.  Are you a member of any clubs?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the input folks.  I'm not a member of any clubs right now, although I'm going to be joining Tri County here in the next week or so (whenever they have their sign up night.  I'll get my stuff listed in the EE and see what happens.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
what cha got ?

yeh... whatcha sellin?

I'd do the EE here on arf.com

Oregon only or not, it's not a big deal to sell out of state. It's kinda a pain in the arss, especially with handguns, but if it’s something an out-of-state buyer must have, have them pay the shipping.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Pack them up and bring them up to Hood River to our shop. We can cash you out for 1-200 guns.

IM for details.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top