Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 11:29:35 AM EST
All I want to do is put 50 or 60 rounds through my AWB sunset rifle this afternoon, and I have no idea where to go. (If I lived in Wenatchee I wouldn't be having this problem! )

Any suggestions? Shelton area, ????

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:42:03 PM EST
gravel pit in capital forest
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:56:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Kooter:
gravel pit in capital forest

Which road is it on, or off of, as the case may be?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:04:09 PM EST
it is just off waddell creek rd
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:25:21 PM EST

it is just off waddell creek rd

Thanks! I actually know where that is!

I did find one place to shoot today, but there were elk hunters in the area. No elk, just hunters
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:14:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:27:11 AM EST
Is that Waddell Creek gravel pit open again?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:19:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By mordecai:
Is that Waddell Creek gravel pit open again?

yes, but it is gated off now. You have to walk back in to it now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:03:29 AM EST
No "NO SHOOTING" signs?

Are the motorcyclist's having their way with it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:59:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By mordecai:
No "NO SHOOTING" signs?

Are the motorcyclist's having their way with it?

No signs, they gated it to (hopefully) keep people from hauling garbage in, however it also makes it harder for people to haul their shit back out.

A couple weeks ago when I was there several quads showed up and asked if they could ride up the hill a couple times. I told them no problem. I grounded my weapons, and let them play on the hill for about 10 minutes. they thanked me and went on their merry way. I loaded mags while they were riding the hill, so it didn't bother me none.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:10:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:43:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tweak:
Mile post 11.5 on Highway 8 westbound, just shy of the Thurston Co line. 15 minutes from the Hwy 101/I-5 interchange. Large sunken pit (borrow pit) less than 100 yards off the highway. Gate is open most days. Pit to 175 yards, tall side banks.

I prefer this pit to the gravel pit I was talking about. I have yet to have to "share" this one with anyone else while I have been there. seems to be more dickheads people at the gravel pit...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:15:33 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:48:18 PM EST

Chuck,

Whereyat?

There is an easy one on the side of HWY 8 just before the ORV park, just shy of the Thurston Co line.

I'm in Oly, just off Mullen and Marvin Road.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and go tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, not too rainy.

--Chuck
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:18:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By ChuckT:

Chuck,

Whereyat?

There is an easy one on the side of HWY 8 just before the ORV park, just shy of the Thurston Co line.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and go tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, not too rainy.

--Chuck

You live right down the road from me. I live near the intersection of Ruddell and mullen
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:56:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By ChuckT:

Chuck,

Whereyat?

--Chuck

You live right down the road from me. I live near the intersection of Ruddell and mullen

That's pretty funny! I take a left on Mullen from Ruddell on the way home from work! I live in the new Mullen Heights addition just before you get Kagy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 9:37:11 PM EST
You pass within 1 block of my house every day. Know where the horses live on the left hand side of ruddell, right before the cemetary/mullen rd. the horses are basically in my backyard.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:13:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2004 4:14:19 PM EST by ChuckT]

You pass within 1 block of my house every day. Know where the horses live on the left hand side of ruddell, right before the cemetary/mullen rd. the horses are basically in my backyard.

Saw it! Usually I'm watching traffic coming up to the light, so I never look that direction.

I like the spot off Hwy 8. I put 140 rounds through my "AWB Sunset" LMT rifle and it was smooth as butter. Now I've gotta' build another rifle for my wife!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:58:23 PM EST
Shelton area ? Almost anywhere on Simpson Timber Co land.
Top Top