Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:24:39 AM EST
Title II stuff in El Paso ? I am moving there soon and don't know the lay of the land. Any help on places to shoot ( indoor ranges, outdoor ranges, popular desert spots, etc) Was looking for good places to buy ammo, reloading supplies and a good gun store. I am a cheap @#$&^*# , so places a working man can shop. No snobby, high falutin joints. Gotta watch the pennies ! Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 12:06:30 AM EST
Thanks for all the info. I guess I will the first one to ever shoot in El Paso.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:38:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By randmplumbingllc:

Slow down there slim. Gotta give some people more than 4 hours to dig up that kind of info.

I'm not near there so I have no idea whats out there. Good luck to ya though.

You're gonna need that fire power!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 5:18:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By Adjuster:

Slow down there slim. Gotta give some people more than 4 hours to dig up that kind of info.

Really, thats funny, ask ME where to shoot in Phoenix and I can spout off a few in 10 seconds. It aint no trick question. Just thought THIS would be the place to ask for some guidance.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 5:31:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/20/2009 5:34:26 PM EST by mojo]
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 10:29:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By mojo:
Texas is big, but most members are concentrated in Houston, Dallas, and Austin, or San Antone.
I think there are less than 10 members from El Paso, and they don't post as regularly as some other members who doesn't have job...like me.
Give them some times, randmplumbingllc.

BTW....Welcome to Texas.

Thanks ! When I get there I will get the scoop and post it here
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 12:25:58 PM EST
I ask the same question every year. We dont have many people in el paso. there really arent many official places to shoot because everyone just goes to the desert. Keep a close eye on your shit tho. Gun thefts are bad there. Something to do with drugs I hear
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 8:05:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By microsuck1:
I ask the same question every year. We dont have many people in el paso. there really arent many official places to shoot because everyone just goes to the desert. Keep a close eye on your shit tho. Gun thefts are bad there. Something to do with drugs I hear

Thanks for the tips ! They don't want to mess with MY guns ! God help em if I catch em ! Even the little women packs as a FED agent , that is why we are moving to El Paso. Sounds like if they try to rob us, they picked the WRONG peeps.

So, I guess from your post, you don't know any good ranges, reloading supply stores or gun stores ? I sure would like to find a good indoor range for when it is too hot or raining.

Will post places that are good as I find them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 4:28:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By Adjuster:

How bout two weeks, is that "slow" enough ? Thats okay, I guess I will find out myself by trial and error. And dont worry , we GOT the FIREPOWER !!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 5:37:41 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:28:59 PM EST

Thanks but I was hoping for a little more opinionated replys than Google, thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:51:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By microsuck1:

Have not had any luck finding supplies. Found out that Kirts Guns is closed down. Went there the other day. Academy, on the west vside does not carry reload supplies. Had some defense ammo, but not much. Will keep looking !

Found a desert spot in Santa Teresa to shoot. It is by the border patrol station. Let me know if you know the place or need directions . Not a bad place, 20' berms for bacck drop. Only 10 miles from the house ! Still looking for any info on reload supplies. Feel free to share !
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:23:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 2:24:29 PM EST by HankZudd]
from what i've read, the ATF is scouring the entire border area tracking all those guns the mexican gangs are using, and they are getting alot of them from straw buys & stealing from border cities.

The mexican army dosen't lose any of their weapons when their guys desert to go work for the drug cartels. They (drug gangstas) musta stole that Ma deuce from some old guy in Marfa that had it for rattlesnakes.

Don't be suprised at the strange looks you get when trying to get stuff; being from Phoenix you probably already encountered some of that, but realize El Paso ain't Phoenix when it comes to stocking gun stuff.

Order online & wait for the brown truck. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:15:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By HankZudd:
from what i've read, the ATF is scouring the entire border area tracking all those guns the mexican gangs are using, and they are getting alot of them from straw buys & stealing from border cities.

The mexican army dosen't lose any of their weapons when their guys desert to go work for the drug cartels. They (drug gangstas) musta stole that Ma deuce from some old guy in Marfa that had it for rattlesnakes.

Don't be suprised at the strange looks you get when trying to get stuff; being from Phoenix you probably already encountered some of that, but realize El Paso ain't Phoenix when it comes to stocking gun stuff.

Order online & wait for the brown truck. Good luck.

That sucks ! Hate 2 pay Hazmat fee for stuff. Really raises the price 2 reload per round, ya know ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:12:26 PM EST
I know,,,I know, but some of us around Austin are having to do just that. Have'nt seen a large rifle primer for months...
Top Top