Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 5:32:28 PM EDT
Leaving Thursday. Will spend a week or so in Maine, N.H. and Vermont. What to see? Spend more time in one state that another? Food any good? Thanks guys

Also, how much over the speed limit can one drive in the N.E. or East without getting a ticket? Here they give us 10 over.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
In regards to VT... ever seen Super Troopers Usually up on 91 and 89 you can do ten over, but its generally a good idea to slow down in the presence of the Staties. God help you if a local cop gets you.... The locals in Northfield are the worst police officers I have ever experienced and will nail you for 5 or less over the speed limit and have been known to make up charges which when fought always get thrown out. All in all driving on 91 and 89 are pleasant experiences, the smaller roads through the towns, not so much.

In regards to things to see, if you are in the Burlington area, check out the Powderhorn, great gun store.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Kittery Trading Post on Rte 1, Kittery Maine. Great place. Guns on top floor.......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Regarding the speeding, it doesn't matter how fast you go as long as you blend in with the other traffic.  If you are alone, then keep it under 10 mph under the limit and you will be fine.

It's tough not knowing what you are into, but here are some of my favorite spots.  

ME:  Kittery Trading Post is one of my favorite stores and there is plenty of other outlets that my Ms. and kids can hit so I don't have to rush through the store.  Any of the small towns along the coast (follow Rt. 1 North) are cool and if you are lucky you can buy a lobster meal off a boat coming in a one of the many marinas (some will even boil them for you).  Freeport is home to LL Bean and has a number of outlets, but isn't as cool as KTP IMHO.  Baxter State Park and the Moosehead area are great places to hike and camp.  Lots of great areas for whitewater rafting and canoe trips.  I love seafood and this is one of the best places to get it fresh.  

NH:  tax free state, so enjoy.  White Mountains for hiking, camping, canoe / white water rafting; Conway is a good place to stay to get the full atmosphere.  

VT: Green Mountains for hiking, camping, canoe / white water rafting and mountain biking.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
what eveyone else has said is true, try not to speed, blend in with traffic. stay away from most chinese food places, not very good. all 3 of those states have plenty to see and do, wife and I camp in Woodstock, NH. In NH be sure to go to Lost River Gorge, beautiful, lots of caves and such to explore. have fun and stay safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top