Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/20/2007 4:33:48 PM EST
Are there any of those gunstores that sell the police trade ins in MI? I want to get a cheap Beretta for practicing for qualification. Its OK if its a little rough, it'll be like the ones we qual. with then
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:35:40 PM EST
Where are you located?
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 4:45:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2007 4:46:15 PM EST by GunnFixr]
Where are ya?

If you're local, I'll let you borrow mine.
I'll even give some coaching if you want it (I was a PMI in the Marine Corps)

ETA: I'm in Battle Creek
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:01:55 PM EST
Sagnasty!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:07:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By GunnFixr:
Where are ya?

If you're local, I'll let you borrow mine.
I'll even give some coaching if you want it (I was a PMI in the Marine Corps)

ETA: I'm in Battle Creek

That would be sweet, I'd love to improve my pistol skills. As you know expert gets you the promotion points. I just took the CPL class this weekend and the instructor called me a regular Wyatt Earp Looked like most of people there couldn't hit shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 6:47:29 PM EST
The Gander Mtn in Waterford had a used 92FS for $405.00 last time i was there on clearence if you still want one thats may be a good deal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 3:59:12 AM EST
Man, thats not bad. I usually stay away From Gander because at least at the one here the prices are always way high, especially the used guns. The have 3 used Kahrs that are priced $550 and up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 1:18:39 PM EST
sounded like a good deal to me, i almost picked it up myself but i wanted a new gun w/ a rail so i paid an extra 200 for my vertec instead.

they just had a huge clearance sale and it was still there last i was there but that was about a week ago.
if you want it you better hurry....
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 8:09:50 PM EST
BC to Saginaw is a bit of a haul, but if you're willing to make the drive, I'll run through the pistol course with you and make sure you get the crossed pistols.

Freet training for a fellow jarhead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:53:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2007 3:54:30 AM EST by madmathew]
Bay City? Sorry I haven't been back in MI very long. I'm not really a Jarhead either, I'm Army My Dad's a Jarhead though. I'm not a big fan of the Beretta but since its my primary weapon for now I'd like to improve my skills with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:03:27 AM EST
BC = Battle Creek.

No worries, Army, Marine doesn't much matter. I'd rather see you know how to hit what you need to hit should you find yourself in harms way.

I was never a big fan of the M9 until I carried it in Iraq. I read the hype, and balked at the guns in the armory, but truth be told it is a pretty damned reliable firearm. During the colder months, my M9 is my primary carry gun.

My biggest complaints with the M9 is the placement of the safety on the slide. Being a double action, I just carry it with the safety disengaged, and rely on the 4 rules of firearms safety. The placement of the trigger bar return spring is the only other flaw I can think of. It is too easy to dislodge and lose the TBR Spring when cleaning the mag well with an AP Brush.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:43:07 PM EST
I can get over to BC then. Sooner is better for me, I'm off work on med rehab deal right now. I'm really close to going back though.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 2:24:52 AM EST
Gunnfixr is a decent guy...just watch his hands when your bending over picking up brass or the like. Alittle too much shower time.

Top Top