Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2003 5:15:44 PM EDT
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine is coming into town and wants to go trap/skeet shooting, preferably on the north side of Dallas.

Where's a good place for nonmembers to go ?

Do they have trap/skeet at CCGR ? What about the place at 35 and NW hiway...forgot the new name.

Any suggestions ??

Ed
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Alpine, although sucking for full metal jacket ammo, has a nice skeet (and trap I think) area. They have a few setups there, plus some other deal I don't remember the name of that throws random targets out at various ranges. Supposed to be really challenging, if you're into that kind of thing.

It's in Mansfield, southside of Arlington area, so maybe a bit far for you.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The absolute best place for Skeet and Trap as well as sporting clays is Back Woods Traps.  15.5 miles west of 75 on highway 380 on the left hand side.  They have the 2nd highest clay count in the state of Texas and are in the top ten in the nation.  Hell of a place with a 100 yard line too.  They put CCGR to shame with there shotgun stuff.  

hope this helps,

c
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Garland Public Shooting Range? off of pleasant valley is a close range.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]
winchester public shooting range on luna road has a real nice trap/skeet range.  lots of competitions there.

They are all ass when it comes to ar's though.

TXL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top