Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 10:46:17 AM EST
Where is the best place to purchase firearms in NJ? I usually go to Brick Armory and Shore Shot but after getting ripped off for the thousandth time I'm getting sick and tired of it. For accessories and ammo I can order online and avoid their ridiculously high prices but what about actual gun purchases? Finding NJ compliant guns on Gunbroker is really hard and I'm sure these guys won't do a transfer from Gunbroker as their prices are almost double. Any advice?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:22:26 AM EST
If u got screwed that many times ,, why not one more time ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:44:04 AM EST
take the drive and go to Arms N Ammo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:52:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 11:52:37 AM EST by jonjsse1]
it must be wednesday again...

PK90 (arms and ammo), or vinny from hunting world.

order a gun from a good online dealer, like henderson defense, or pkfirearms, or wherever, NOT gunbroker, and have it shipped to a dealer that is fair with their transfer pricing. or have one of those same dealers order that gun for you from their distributors. or, buy your long guns in PA at gun shows. OR buy it here on the EE.

at least you have not had the pleasure of suffering the trifecta of bend you over the table gun stores in this state, with brick armory, and to a lesser extent, shore shot, you have 2/3, now all you have to do is make your way to newark, and get raped on a gun at the bullet hole
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:53:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By tuffirish:

Cause I found this site. ....and finally realized that if I shopped elsewhere I would have a lot more toys. I thought the prices I was paying were normal.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:56:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By RustyPelican:
Originally Posted By tuffirish:

Cause I found this site. ....and finally realized that if I shopped elsewhere I would have a lot more toys. I thought the prices I was paying were normal.

well im sure you had the internet before you found arfcom, so... LINK
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:03:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By jonjsse1:

at least you have not had the pleasure of suffering the trifecta of bend you over the table gun stores in this state, with brick armory, and to a lesser extent, shore shot, you have 2/3, now all you have to do is make your way to newark, and get raped on a gun at the bullet hole

Wow.... hahaha....I actually printed out directions to the bullet hole this morning from google. I was going to take a ride there after work and check it out. Thanks for saving me from the trifecta.....I appreciate the advice.

I'm new to the gun world and every time I turn around another gun dealer is trying to stick it to me without lube. I was beginning to think everyone in this hobby is a shady A-Hole. I'm glad I found this site. It's nice to see a community of people with the same interests trying to help eachother out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By shiky:
take the drive and go to Arms N Ammo.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:27:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By RustyPelican:
Originally Posted By jonjsse1:

Wow.... hahaha....I actually printed out directions to the bullet hole this morning from google. I was going to take a ride there after work and check it out. Thanks for saving me from the trifecta.....I appreciate the advice.

I'm new to the gun world and every time I turn around another gun dealer is trying to stick it to me without lube. I was beginning to think everyone in this hobby is a shady A-Hole. I'm glad I found this site. It's nice to see a community of people with the same interests trying to help eachother out.

well, in all honesty, ive never dealt with shore shot, except use their range for free when going with paying members, so i cant speak for them or their quality, and ive seen some decent handgun prices there too, but brick armory, and bullet hole are the two worst places to shop and shoot in the state. i lived up in the newark area for 2 years, went to bullet hole a few times, left disappointed and disgusted both times.. fuck that place, and fuck brick armorys 900 dollar WASR's
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:58:26 PM EST
Speaking of buying firearms locally, does anyone know ifany NJ orPA dealers have a Hawk 982 in stock?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:30:55 PM EST
Big +1 for Paul (PK90) at Arms-N-Ammo and Vinny at Hunting World. Two best dealers in the state IMO.

I would never even consider stepping foot in Dick Armory or The Butt Hole.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:41:37 PM EST
Originally Posted By mak0:
Big +1 for Paul (PK90) at Arms-N-Ammo and Vinny at Hunting World. Two best dealers in the state IMO.

I would never even consider stepping foot in Dick Armory or The Butt Hole.

This
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:09:45 PM EST
If you in Central Jersey find what you want that's Jersey legal and have it sent to Vinny at Hunting World of Guns in Freehold. His email is Vinco35@aol.com

He charges only $25.00 for the transfer. If you buy a firearm from out of State you don't pay any sales tax either. You can basically buy wholesale this way.

Why pay someone else's gun store rent?

It took you a while but at least you finally wised up.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:11:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 2:14:17 PM EST by 240shwag]
I like shore shot and I'm friendly with the owner and son, Bill and Kyle.

I went to Brick Armory a few times and whom I believe to the owner was a complete dick. Asked for FID for ammo and needed FID to use the range, which is bullshit. One day I was in there and noticed some perculiar looking guns sitting behind the counter and low and behold, a full auto M16, AK, and MP-5 all available to rent. The next time I was at Shore Shot I told Bill about it and he told me to get a video of it and post it up on youtube. I rented the MP5 and put around 300 rounds down range(without FID, btw) and it was alot of fun I guess. Now they dont allow cameras and the machine guns are gone. From what I gathered, Bill wanted to do this at Shore Shot at some point before Dick Armory even had a public range and he was denied by the town or the ATF or even the state of NJ, I am unsure.

Arms and Ammo seem like really good people. I asked about 6 months ago for 15rd p mags and they said they were out so I left my number. He called me back yesterday, which I thought was cool but I already made the mags myself. The high prices at shore shot are because most of those guns are consignment. My friend picked up his saiga 12 and 7.62 there for market price when availability was good. They keep alot of handguns and the prices seem good but I mainly only like rifles.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:44:30 PM EST
No love for Caso's?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:36:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By plaskon:
No love for Caso's?

nice store, but 65 dollar transfers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:37:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By plaskon:
No love for Caso's?

nice store, but 65 dollar transfers.
Top Top