Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2006 11:08:14 AM EDT
I want to get my first ar15 (a M4 A3 with 16" barrel and removeable A2 style carry handle)and was hoping to stay in the 600 range when done.  I live in St Cloud and there is not alot of places to buy ar's and parts from up here.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go or what to do to get my first assembly on track?

The only place ive found up here for parts is Del Ton which must go off of retail cause their prices are higher then what u see on line or for completed guns at Bill's.  

If the best way to do this is to order online can anyone recommend a FFL around the ST. Cloud area that i can get the lower shipped to?

Thanks for your advice and replys in advance

Cody
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Check with Bravo5-2 here in the MN forums. Great guy to do business wiht.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Get yourself down to the MWCA show at the Fairgrounds in three weeks.  8-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday.  I think all your problems will be resolved.  No body really stocks the little parts, and it would be best to hit up Dustin at the Show.  They have room in the NW corner of the Colesium!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
J. is exactly right.  The place to get all the parts you need is the next MWCA show (March 25-26).  

You can deffinately build a decent AR (with an A2 upper) for under $600, if you know exactly what parts you're looking for.  With a detatchable carry handle you might want to budget more like $650 - $700, but then you'll have more options.  

Get what you want the first time, even if it's a little more cash.  

ETA:  You'll need a purchase/carry permit to buy the lower.  If you don't have one yet, head to your Sheriffs Department and get one now, that way you'll be good to go when you get to the show!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is how I built my Rifle:

CMT A3 upper, LPK, charging handle, and bolt/carrier assembly from Denny's Guns - $95 for the upper
$124 for the Bolt/Carrier assembly
$63 for the LPK
$17 for the charging handle
He ships for real cheap, and you'll have the stuff in about 3-4 days (from MO)
He also has M4 butstock kits for $78 - you might be able to to better at a show, or on the EE
Superior Lower from Sully - $98 including tax
Bushmaster barrel assembly here - about $247 shipped - I got the M4 profile Dissy and it delivered in about 3 weeks.
That would put you at about $645. You would still need a rear sight of some sort, and a butstock of your choice. I have a Sully stock, and really like it, but they are about $120. You would likely be slightly over $700 when all done, but you would have a rifle built with quality parts. The only reason for it to not function when you are done is improper assembly. I only have about 100 rounds thru the one I built (with some help from Death451) but I have not had one failure. That's more than I can say about my first AR, which was factory assembled.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
DPMS, of St. Cloud, has been selling kits in the Shotgun News lately, although I haven't seen them in the last couple of issues.  Why don't you call them on Monday?  Their website is www.dpmsinc.com.  Their local St. Cloud phone # is (320) 258-4448.  Maybe you can talk them into selling you a kit & lower if you come to their shop, near the airport.  Be prepared, though, for them not to sell to you over-the-counter.  They are not set up for retail sales.  The other option would be to call Pauly at the range at 320-251-9873.  He will sometimes do special order retail stuff for the shop.  (The Del-Tone/Luth gun range is owned by DPMS.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top