Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 7:30:43 PM EDT
I am getting tired of this nice weather!  I want cold, sleet and feet of snow!!

What happened to the days when we used to have the high be below 30 degrees?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
2 states north in montana and no snow here either.  we had some earlier, but it's all melted.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In Ohio its gloomy and either snowing or raining 9 months out of the year. I'm Damn Happy its as nice as it is here this year. I've got my eye on moving to Georgia in a couple years
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Be careful what you wish for.

THISISME
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Careful what you wish for Defcon. If you look to the west you are about to be pounded with snow. 8 feet in Tahoe and 2-3 in Utah in the last 24 hrs. Two more big storms off the west coast heading in the same direction.

Enjoy it for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Careful what you wish for Defcon. If you look to the west you are about to be pounded with snow. 8 feet in Tahoe and 2-3 in Utah in the last 24 hrs. Two more big storms off the west coast heading in the same direction.

Enjoy it for me.

This is actually great news.
If we don't some much snow this winter, we're gonna be hurting for water next summer.

Besides, Christmas just doesn't feel right unless the ground is covered with snow.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Enjoy it for me.

I would love it!  We need precipitation here soooo bad.  If we don't get pounded this winter, this comming summer we will have pine nuts roasting on the open forest fires.

Besides, I love snow.  I like crippling snow.  Was outside of Chicago in '79 when they got 12'.

ps- that storm isn't gonna hit where I live.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Its called Global Warming, and its caused by greedy W.A.S.Americans who victimize minorities and third world countries by driving SUV's, and living high on the hog raping and pilfering the worlds (U.N.'s) resources without any regard for anyone's feelings, or the Kyoto treaty.

If you don't belive me, just ask your local Liberal, or ALgore.

Me, I am looking forward to global warming, got my eye on a little piece of lake front property in the U.P. on Lake Superior, I am 40 now, and expect to be able to retire at about 82, maybe 85, I am hoping that sucker will be the new Miami Beach or Myrtle Beach of the north,
and I will be sittin pretty!!!

Go Global warming!!

Rancid Lance in Michigan
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
It is bad here, the local guys were wrong about another snowstorm that didn't show up.

The 12,000 foot peaks behind me no longer have snow either. It is really looking bad. A little early snow to get us happy, but I am predicting another green Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
A little bit of it just showed up here today.  Got a trace of snow today.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
OH!!!!

Sorry guys, I've got it all up here in Maine.  It's damn cold up here.  Goes right through your bones and freezes anything that dares to step outside.

It's not so much the temperature, it's the humidity level and the wind.

Tell you what, each of you send me an AR, and I'll hand deliver you a beer cooler full of snow.

Good deal or what?  Just taking care of my fellow board members.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#11]
ummmm......its snowing here

SRM
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#12]
It just might be a white Christmas here after all.  Got a little bit more snow overnight.  If it snows more or stays cold, it'll be white at my house.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm with Defcon, I'd love to have tons of snow out there, especially for Christmas.  It makes for the best cuddling weather!  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Where the hell is winter?!?!

Right now, right outside my front door.  Not a whole lot of snow, but boy was it cold this morning. 2*F at my house at about 7:30AM.  Brrrrrr.  Now it's time to get back to the hot cappucino and X-mas cookies.  Karl.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
At the same time, it was -5 a little higher than you.....

SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top