Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 10:47:00 AM EDT
I am planning on building an AR for national match from a parts kit. I know I can probably ask my local FFL to order one for me, but I was wondering if anyone in Northern- IL has AR lowers in stock, and if so whose lowers are they carrying?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly RGuns out in Carpentersville has DPMS lowers in stock for pretty cheap. You may want to give him a call.

I missed out on a complete DPMS lower he had in there for $125.

When you drive way the heck out there make sure you stop at GATS and see what he is overcharging people!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]
if you are northwest..maybe try RB Precision, a Dealer on these boards
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Where are you in IL. Contrary to popular myth on this board as long as it's forged and in spec, the name on the side doesn't mean anything. Lowers have no effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never dealt with them, but here is his web page (RGUNS):www.rguns.net/009_page3.html

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
tequilabob likes RGUNS, but if you mention their name in the magazine forum, you're sure to get a locked thread.

Probably OK to go in person, and buy if it's in stock, but I've heard horror stories as well. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I just called RGUNS. DPMS rec'vrs are in stock.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never had a problem at R'Guns..........
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Great Thanks for the info!

I am getting a fairly decent check in a couple of weeks, so I am definitely going to head there then.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
tequilabob likes RGUNS, but if you mention their name in the magazine forum, you're sure to get a locked thread.

Probably OK to go in person, and buy if it's in stock, but I've heard horror stories as well. YMMV.

Uh, I know Roger from RGuns there are no horror stories. He's one of the most straight up guys around. He stocks DPMS and Colt lowers. He has them in stock all the time. He also carried DSA FAL receivers in stock. D&J Guns Rte 120 and Darrell in Lakemoor has two built DPMS lowers with 4 position stocks in the case. You cannot beat the customer service at D&J, it's simply not possible. D&J are the greatest.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#10]
If you guys were smart you'd go over to D&J and have them order you LMT/DSA stripped lowers. $175 pretty much out the door, give or take. I won't quote prices for them cause they'd kick my ass but D&J is on file at DSA and gladly does very courteous and quick transfers. No bullshit, no hassles, D&J will get you whatever you want or nedd as long as you are legit with your FOID and pass the background check. D&J is the place for evil black guns in McHenry County. If you guys are evr around, stop in, they rock over there!! They even had a Krebs AK not so long ago. D&J is one of those kick ass gun stores where things like real HK53's seem to appear. I bought a prisitne pre ban haevy barrel Izzy Fal there. Check it out, not the biggest but store is expanding and being remodeled. Awesome guys, awesome shop.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, I know Roger from RGuns there are no horror stories. He's one of the most straight up guys around. He stocks DPMS and Colt lowers. He has them in stock all the time. He also carried DSA FAL receivers in stock. D&J Guns Rte 120 and Darrell in Lakemoor has two built DPMS lowers with 4 position stocks in the case. You cannot beat the customer service at D&J, it's simply not possible. D&J are the greatest.

I've never dealt with them myself, so I have no firsthand knowledge one way or the other. I read some bad things from people on this board, but most of it had to do with ordering over the phone/website. The advice commonly given was to be sure something was in stock before ordering, which would obviously be the case if you went in person.

Several of you have had positive experiences, so I'll defer to your judgement. But there are horror stories...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Supposedly RGuns out in Carpentersville has DPMS lowers in stock for pretty cheap. You may want to give him a call.

When you drive way the heck out there make sure you stop at GATS and see what he is overcharging people!hr

***STAY AWAY FROM R GUNS***

I bought a SKS from them. They told me it checked out just fine. I went to shoot it later that week and it wouldn't feed a round half the time. Then sometimes when shooting the mag would just fall out of the well. They told me they wouldn't do anything to rectify the situation.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a FFL and I have Eagle (Armalite) stripped lowers in stock for  $125.00, and I also have the parts kit available.  I have both .223 and .308 lowers.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you drive way the heck out there make sure you stop at GATS and see what he is overcharging people!

I bought a SKS from them. They told me it checked out just fine. I went to shoot it later that week and it wouldn't feed a round half the time. Then sometimes when shooting the mag would just fall out of the well. They told me they wouldn't do anything to rectify the situation.

Most dealers that sell SKS's would do the same.  Alot of them are buyer beware.  They are 50+ years old.  Either way, about 4 dollars worht of spare parts would fix those problems.  My SKS doesnt like "match wolf" ammunition- only the regular FMJ stuff.  Pretty hard to catch a FTF problem with a visual inspection, same goes for if a magazine falls out during firing.  Make sure you try different ammo, and assemble the thing correctly.

I have had NO problems with R-guns, but I also live 5 minutes down the road.  If you ever want someone to go in and inspect something for you before you buy it online or in person, let me know, I'll go check for you.

They are awesome guys over there, and will do what they can to help you out.  They have alot of nice things in stock and ready to go.  If they say its in stock, its there.  If I go on the website, check something out, I can go there and be confident its in stock if the site says it is.

Don't hesitate to give them a shot.  If all else fails, I can go in there and help you out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Either way...best place to get a lower...is from Paul Philip at MCS firearms.  You can look up his FFL information on the "FFL finder" at auctionarms I believe.  I don't have his card on me right now.

Call up Ameetec Arms, order some lowers.  Have Paul send them his FFL, and you're set.  He charges 25 dollars per transfer.  Thats about the cheapest way to do it that I have found.  

Paul is a stand up guy and will send out his ffl the day you call, and let you know as soon as your product arrives at his door.  No hesitating with this man, he is on his game 110% of the time.  I know a few other people here who will say the exact same thing about him.  He'll transfer anything you want, no bullshit to go along with it.  Tell him Scott sent ya :-)

Scott
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Either way...best place to get a lower...is from Paul Philip at MCS firearms.  You can look up his FFL information on the "FFL finder" at auctionarms I believe.  I don't have his card on me right now.

Call up Ameetec Arms, order some lowers.  Have Paul send them his FFL, and you're set.  He charges 25 dollars per transfer.  Thats about the cheapest way to do it that I have found.  

Paul is a stand up guy and will send out his ffl the day you call, and let you know as soon as your product arrives at his door.  No hesitating with this man, he is on his game 110% of the time.  I know a few other people here who will say the exact same thing about him.  He'll transfer anything you want, no bullshit to go along with it.  Tell him Scott sent ya :-)

Scott

Do you know what town Paul is in? I just found the Gun Doctor out in Roselle who will transfer any gun for $35.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Algonquin, IL 60102.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Scott

Scott gave me Paul's name for my Uzi transfer, and I agree 110%- he is hands down the best FFL I have dealt with.  No BS, and he almost always answers his phone or gets back to you within an hour or so.  He runs his business out of his house but stocks a few M1 Garands and M1903 Springfields.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top