Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 9:19:07 PM EDT
Sent in my app in the middle of April and still dont have my permit. Are these things just taking forever to get to the door or what?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like quite awhile I wouln't know how to contact about the issue though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah thats the problem that im having. I cant find a number and I even called the local PD to ask if they have a number. The lady put a good effort in finding one for me, but no dice.    
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Firearms Licensing Section  317-233-5054

Found it herehref=www.in.gov/isp/2701.htm
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine took right around a month.

I would definately follow up.  Somebody recently posted that they got theirs in a similar timeframe.

It seems like I recall someone posting that there is a State Police contact for firearm licensing.  I didn't check the link above, but the ISP is in charge of issuing them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Call the Sheriff Department in which you applied to get the ISP info to contact them, it probably just got misfiled. Mine did, and I wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't called and asked the lady about why it was taken so long. She filed my application in with those already done when it wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I applied the same day and I got mine 4 weeks later and we're still waiting on hers
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Less than 30 days for me.  Probably time to call and check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top