Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 12:28:37 AM EDT
I've been sitting on a tractor all day for the last week with only the radio for company. I've listened to the whole test. I can honestly say it's the first time I've ever listened to a cricket game (should that be Match?).

Well, it seems to me that most of the English players have Australian or South African accents - where's their loyalty lie? Kasprowicz doesn't sound like a true Aussie name either.

Yesterday afternoon (or was it Saturday afternoon) Arsenal played Chelsea, and only 3 players on the whole pitch (2 from one team and one from the other) were British (and one of them had a french name).

Listening to the World Cup Athletics meeting yesterday as well (gotta love 5Live) and apparently we haven't even won one medal.

What's happening to all our sports men and women? Is all that lottery funding going to waste?
And us with the Olympics coming in 2012.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't worry Matt....
I do enough winning for all of us

Mark
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't worry Matt....
I do enough winning for all of us

Mark

For those of you who haven't guessed, Mark could talk the Charge of the Light Brigade in to a huge success.

He never loses, he just has various stages of winning
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently England are very good at the international sport of dwarf throwing.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Apparently England are very good at the international sport of dwarf throwing.

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a Dwarf Throwing contest in Oakhampton many years ago (it's probably been banned by the PC crowd by now). These guys were so drunk (as were the volunteer throwers) and the lil-guys were thrown into a pile of matresses.

Well that was the idea.

Some missed the crash landing zone all together and one or two were thrown completely off the stage.

Those guys sure do bounce well. No one was seriously hurt.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, all good fun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Granny is a champion gurner, and she plows a mean furrow........ with her chin..........

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Granny is a champion gurner, and she plows a mean furrow........ with her chin..........

www.members.aol.com/dvhodgson2/granny.jpg

The funniest thing with gurners like that is that they are proud to be UGLY

If my missus was that ugly I'd make her wear a Burka

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

www.members.aol.com/dvhodgson2/granny.jpg

Is it because you live near the nuclear plant that your granny has four arms?

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't be silly Matt, those are her ears! heh  
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#11]
All safe up here mate!

And anyway, my sis won the womens 400m freestyle last week and there's nothing wrong with her.....................

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Once

Twice

Three times a lady

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Still waiting for a medal at the World Athletics championships. Perhaps if we throw some more lotto money at them.

Hey, I heard the yank 4x100 relay guys dropped the batton, so now we have a chance of a medal and maybe gold!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Still waiting for a medal at the World Athletics championships. Perhaps if we throw some more lotto money at them.

Hey, I heard the yank 4x100 relay guys dropped the batton, so now we have a chance of a medal and maybe gold!

Nah, What did you expect, they just got Bronze. Just
ps One of the Brit 4x400 relay team has a decidedly American accent

Mark
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, What did you expect, they just got Bronze. Just
ps One of the Brit 4x400 relay team has a decidedly American accent

Mark

Yeah, Malachi somebody-or-other.

Next week he's playing cricket for England! Perhaps he wasn't good enough to be #1 in the US, just like Rusedski, can't be #1 in own country, come to 'let-them-all-in' Britain, and be second best here instead, but with better free health care.

Anyone remember Zola Budd?.....Run a couple of races, got passport (fast tracked naturalisation cos she's faster than UK runners) and then disappeared. Oh she did manage to knock that Decker-Slaney woman down a peg or two.  If she'd waited a few years she's have benefitted from all that free lottery money, and then she could have bought some running shoes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top