Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:23:18 PM EDT
Why do Doctor not look at patient as having the worst case scenario, then work there way down to " It's nothing" We have a kid that we watch and she was laying on the floor looking in a daze. Me and my wife notice this ask her if she is okay with no response. We call her mom to come pick her up and take her to the doctor's. She does and the doc say's she is fine and let's her go home. The next day the little girl was getting worse so she took her back and they said she had a cold and sent her on her way. The next day she come back to use. Same thing she was in a daze and sick. We tell her mom to take her back and demand them to take X-ray's, so  she does and what do you know the little girl had ammonia this whole time.

Today my wife is feeding a 1 1/2 year old and notices she is shivering for no reason. It wasnt cold and something just didn't look right. Calls up the parents with concern and asked them to come pick her up and take her to the doctor. They take her. The doctor looks at her and tell's them she is okay. They are just about to head out the door and she has a 5 minute cesher. What the hell are we paying so much for care when most of these doctors don't know what they are doing?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:32:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VR-15:
We tell her mom to take her back and demand them to take X-ray's, so  she does and what do you know the little girl had ammonia this whole time.

No, but seriously, they get paid more by insurance companies if they get more people through their office. If only we went back to patients paying their own bills....

Then the parent wouldn't pay unless the doc found the problem, just like EVERY OTHER business in the world. But everyones tired of hearing this from me....
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:43:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:48:28 PM EDT
I just hope the poor children get better.  Sounds pretty scary.

I don't understand professionals who get so burned out that they don't have the intellectual curiosity to find the root cause and deal with it appropriately.  Auto mechanics or surgeons, there are a lot of them out there.  We have been blessed with a very fine GP here who we found pretty much by luck of the draw.  Still looking for a dedicated mechanic though.  We also have a pretty good builder / remodeler.

Good on the VR15 organization for alerting the parents and doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2009 9:59:54 PM EDT by VR-15]
Yes Phil I cant spell. As for the worse case scenario. I don't care how much it cost. I would pay what ever I had to make sure my child was fine. They push people out the door as if people are crazy and over reacting. Like Navy Doctor's. I don't know how many times I have a parent take there kid to the Navy doctor and bring there kid back with a note that say's they are okay to come back into my care and they are running a 103 fever. You can say what you want but there are some (not all) doctor's that should not be doctor's.

ETA= The Navy is free.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:11:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:34:51 AM EDT
As for the worse case scenario. I don't care how much it cost.

You would when you are paying what half of a house costs... FOR ONE VISIT!...

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:14:33 PM EDT
Don't get me started on those fuckers.

If they don't know whats wrong with you, it's a virus.

There are a bunch of life threatening illnesses that present like the flu, but it's always the flu. Four days later your dead from meningitis.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:50:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By R-32:
As for the worse case scenario. I don't care how much it cost.

You would when you are paying what half of a house costs... FOR ONE VISIT!...

Don;'t forget, if President Hopey-Changey has his way, we will ALL be paying that much for one visit, for EVERYBODY.  Except, it will take 6 months to be seen for ANYTHING, bu which time you will be all better or dead.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:16:45 PM EDT

I don't care how much it cost. I would pay what ever I had to make sure my child was fine.

ETA= The Navy is free.

The fuck it is.

Do you think they go just out and pick $100 bills off of the money tree or something?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:26:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomer:

I don't care how much it cost. I would pay what ever I had to make sure my child was fine.

ETA= The Navy is free.

The fuck it is.

Do you think they go just out and pick $100 bills off of the money tree or something?

I never had to pay a dime.
Top Top