Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/18/2008 7:59:19 PM EDT
A buddy is interested in picking up a nice Garand, anyone see any in town? Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:47:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By chiz45:
A buddy is interested in picking up a nice Garand, anyone see any in town? Thanks!

There were a few at the gunshow last weekend. Expect to pay upwards of $750 for one. I want one, myself, but other purchases have had priority lately. I discovered I really like 1911's. Ugh.

-Caver
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2008 8:51:32 PM EDT by cacafuego]
Bargain Pawn had a couple a week and a half ago. No whether they're still there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 11:17:01 PM EDT
the best place is to go through CMP I got both of mine there for less than $500 each...well one my Dad bought me but it was still below $500. It's pretty easy to meet all of the requirements.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:45:27 AM EDT
CMP is the place, unless the guy wants a new model. The history is worth the cheaper price
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 11:50:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RDP:
CMP is the place, unless the guy wants a new model. The history is worth the cheaper price

How many time have you asked yourself, "If only they could talk".

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:00:07 PM EDT
Even the wife was wondering..... she was fond of the weight of the beast, but was more intrigued by the history. I need a couple more..... I just need to make sure she isn't with me when I pick them up

It was the 4th or 5th gun I received that week. We need another safe now, so she wasn't as enthused as I expected
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:58:31 PM EDT
I have been hearing more and more stories of people pulling the buttplates off of there old Military guns, and finding the name of the person that it was issued to, and sometimes even more info!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:02:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gunsmoke1702:
I have been hearing more and more stories of people pulling the buttplates off of there old Military guns, and finding the name of the person that it was issued to, and sometimes even more info!

When I was a kid, my dad got and old WWII Enfield .303 from a surplus store. I was playing around with it one day, and tried to get my cleaning rods into the butt chamber (unsucessfully).
What came out with my bore brush? A Nazi aviator patch..........................................Freaked me out BIG TIME!

Back to the question at hand..........Accuracy on Boulder Hwy. had one last week, but it was way more than a Grand.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:03:21 PM EDT
CMP..., they deliver the rifle to your door.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:10:48 PM EDT
Off topic, i was in Smiths' the other night, and a guy in a motorized wheelchair rolled by. He was wearing a 'WWII Vet' hat. I soooooooo wanted to ask him random questions, but obviously it wasn't my place.

Seeing these guys' video narratives on the History Channel is something amazing. It's great that their stories are being preserved for future generations to learn from.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 10:51:24 AM EDT
My experience is this-

Guys wearing the hats or patches are proud of their service. They were all more than willing to talk about it. As long as you aren't some anti-war commie loving hippie, you should be ok
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:21:54 PM EDT
Just remember not to ever say to a Viet Nam Vet that they did not lose that War, The Politicions did! For some reason, They feel like they got there asses kicked even though they never lost a Battle [>:/]

I used to hang out at the old Messin Around bar because it was mostly old Vets. Most of them were dying to tell there stories, while others would not want to talk about it at all. When they finally did tell there storys, It was forgotten about and never spoken of again. Bad things happen in War.
Top Top