Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/20/2003 11:10:59 AM EDT
I'm moving back to the state college area in a few weeks and would like to be able to shoot. I'd mostly be shooting handguns, but would probably take a few days to shoot the rifles also. Anybody know of a decent range in the area. Public or private, i will join a private club if it's reasonable. Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 6:51:32 PM EDT
public - scotia range at the state gamelands is not too bad. 200 yd rifle. shotgun, archery, covered 50 yd pistol. also two auxilliary ranges which are open after "official hours" . 100 yd rifle. 50 yd pistol. and a short 25 yard range. time from center state college is about 15 mins.

several private clubs in the area. depending on your needs.

let me know when you get settled...

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:45:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2003 7:46:29 PM EDT by LarryLove]
I'll chime in for Scotia Range... Very nice 200yd rifle range, and several other ranges as well. On the gamelands a few miles west of SC.

Take College Ave west. Cross Atherton and go about 4 miles. Turn right at the unimart/burger king/manhattan bagel combo store (the name of the road you're turning on to escapes me). Go about 3 miles and turn right at the 4-way intersection with a church at your front/left. About 3 miles down, range enterence is on your right. All distances mentioned are approximate, sorry. Been a few years since I lived in SC.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:17:17 PM EDT
Scotia's a nice range. Only been there once, but it seemed to have a good amount of stuff. Better than the SGL range back near Wilkes-Barre.
Top Top