BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2007 10:26:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What is "clean dirt" ?

This is from around my house.  Mostly good topsoil, and clay.  Mixed with a lot of weeds from the top layer.

No man-made articles of any kind in it. Dirt, sand, grass, cow manure,  etc. is all OK. I would just dump it in my field and spread it around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
You can bring it too me in Denton as another option if you like.  Just as long as it has no trash or concrete/rebar.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2007 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You can take it to the North Texas Water District transfer station on Ridgeview Drive.
Thats were thet take all the yard clippings and tree/shrub branches and compost and turn it all into mulch and sell it back to citizens. The dirt can be used for their topsoil that they make and sell there.

ETA: You hve to take a water bill to prove that you are resident however, they don't charge you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a house in Plano.  I am having to remove a decent amount of dirt from around the house foundation.... it has been mulched so much over time that it is above the foundation and allows moisture and critters into the weep holes of the brick.  

I am removing enough to expose about 4" of concrete on the foundation.... but not sure what to do with it.  The city wont pick it up with the normal trash or lawn trimmings.  I have a truck.... but where can I take it?

How big of a yard do you have?  Why not just evenly spread it over your yard?  Fill in low spots, etc.?  Or have you already done that and this is the excess?

I live on 5 acres, and you never want to get rid of good soil.  I just spread it around.  This time of the year I wish I had your dirt disposal problem. I would just go fill up another hole.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to bring it to Fort Worth, You can dump it on my dads land. He has 6 acres of pasture that has a few low spots in it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I can almost garuntee if you put in ad in craigs list and list it as free you will have a ton of emails from people wanting to come pick it up and remove it for you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can almost garuntee if you put in ad in craigs list and list it as free you will have a ton of emails from people wanting to come pick it up and remove it for you.

Now there is a great idea.

Hmm....one of my coworkers, he lives in Rowlett.  He is addicted to Craigslist, and he does need some topsoil.....and he has no truck.

mm
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Throw it over the fence, any direction. If you have not scared the neighbors from talking to you yet, this may not work. Save the dirt until there is no more eye contact, then toss it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top