Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:44:32 PM EDT
Who carries Colt and maybe even has a 6920 in stock?

Bryan
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine in 3 days from gunworld talk to Jason, 1-810-678-8778
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Your best bet will be buying it of the EE from a private seller.
Colt came down hard on dealers selling them to private citizens as Colt only wants those to go to LE.  I am sure there are still dealers who are willing to risk their Colt dealer status to make a few bucks but most wont.  I am also sure there are some dealers who buy them off various website and just resell them (that way Colt is left out of the picture)

If you find a good source let me know though as I still want another myself.

Good luck

They are the best out there for sure.

Bushmaster QC has gone to crap the past couple years.  Lots of people are VERY happy with the RRA AR's.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you looking for a stock colt? or one all pimped out?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Either, I'd prefer a stock Colt but I'll consider anything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well a buddy of mine has one all done up here is the list of whats on it

http://www.actshooters.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000010;p=1#000000
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Ya, I talked to him.  I don't want a pieced together upper and lower.  I'm looking for a factory Colt.  Thanks though.

Quoted:
Well a buddy of mine has one all done up here is the list of whats on it

http://www.actshooters.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=000010;p=1#000000

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Colt came down hard on dealers selling them to private citizens as Colt only wants those to go to LE.  I am sure there are still dealers who are willing to risk their Colt dealer status to make a few bucks but most wont.  I am also sure there are some dealers who buy them off various website and just resell them (that way Colt is left out of the picture)

Good luck

Bushmaster QC has gone to crap the past couple years.  Lots of people are VERY happy with the RRA AR's.

There’s nothing like an errornet rumor to get out of hand .  A lot was said around the time the ban went away; however, what has emerged in regards to Colt's "LE" rifles is that they are available to anyone - you just need to buy from one of the authorized Colt LE dealers in the US if you want one.

Check these guys:

Clyde Armory

Specialized Armament

If they don't have one in stock and you don't want to wait until the next shipment then the EE is one of the other options.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck

There’s nothing like an errornet rumor to get out of hand .  A lot was said around the time the ban went away; however, what has emerged in regards to Colt's "LE" rifles is that they are available to anyone - you just need to buy from one of the authorized Colt LE dealers in the US if you want one.

Check these guys:

Clyde Armory

Specialized Armament

If they don't have one in stock and you don't want to wait until the next shipment then the EE is one of the other options.

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Who carries Colt and maybe even has a 6920 in stock?

Bryan

Call Firearm Exchange in Westland they might be able to get you what your looking for!

Ant
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Section 1

Thanks for the correction.
I had never heard anymore about it but I recall lots of dealers in the EE saying so and so lost his Colt line as a result (LE dealers) and dealers saying the couldnt take anymore orders as Colt contacted them.  I am very glad to hear that was just a rumor and thank you for the info as I have been wanting to get another 6920 for quite a while.  
I don't imagine if you know if the new ones are marked LE only still or not?
If they are then I bet lots of people who bought them due to this thinking they would be very collectible are bummed out.

Also a BIG +1 on Firearms Exchange.
I have gotten quite a few things there in the past but I still have not gotten down there since they relocated to a bigger store.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#11]
This guy has one forsale maybe he'll part it out, since he has alot of extra's

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=165705
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
JYogi-

I don't drink the Kool-Aid because there're other ways to get the quality w/o the Colt ego!

With that said, IIRC the LE line will still be marked as such due to Colt desire to keep it separate from their civilian offerings.  To be sure I'd have to double check with some sources but this was the last info I had gathered on the Colt rifle line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top