Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 4:12:40 PM EDT
Hey all,

I ordered a tele-stock and forgot the wrench.  I don't wanna do it with a screwdriver and mar it all up.  Since shipping is as much as the friggin' wrench, I'd like to buy one local.  Where can I buy such a beast before 9/13?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are anywhere near Renton, you could use mine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I could be near Renton.

By "use", do you mean on site or "borrow"?

BoB
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
On site or you can buy mine for $25 and I'll get another (its a DPMS multi tool).
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhh.  I've got a new style castle nut.  I was hoping to get my hands on a new-style tool.  I know the DPMS will work, but with a greater chance of marring.

Anybody else know where I can get one of these this week?

Thanks,
BoB
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells - RRA Carbine Stock Wrench

I'd bet if you ordered one from Brownells today you'd have it by Monday...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, but shipping costs as much as the wrench.

BoB
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I seriously doubt that you're going to find one of those wrenches for sale at any of the local dealers.

Where do you live? Anywhere the greater Everett area? I've got one of the custom wrenches that John M (forum member) had made for Colt M4 collapsible stocks with the castle nut before M4 stock wrenches were commonly available. It's designed a bit differently and probably not as quite nice as that RRA wrench, but if all you need to do is tighten your castle nut it works pretty well. Didn't mar my nuts.

But if you're looking to add one to your permanent collection, I'd just go with that RRA wrench. Even with shipping and handling, it's still a good buy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yeah, but shipping costs as much as the wrench.

BoB

Actually, you can get it shipped for $3.70.  My price from Brownell's is $4, and shipping makes it $7.70.  I'm guessing Parcel Post (the shipping method) would take 5 days.  So if it ships on Tuesday you should have it Monday 9/13 (maybe even Saturday.)
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you going to the OLY event on Saturday?  I'll bring mine.

If you get it from Brownells it qualifies for the low cost 'small parts' shipping which is via First Class Mail.  Just get some other small goodies at the same time to justify the shipping.  I ordered mine on a Monday and had it by Thursday.  Which was a good thing because the stock arrived that Friday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top