Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2010 10:58:25 AM EDT
Could you folks on here give me a few recommendations?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:17:37 AM EDT
"The Gun store" in Cedar Park has always treated me fairly.  David is very knowledgeable.  I have purchased 5 suppressors from them with no regrets.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 12:38:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By calvin84:
"The Gun store" in Cedar Park has always treated me fairly.  David is very knowledgeable.  I have purchased 5 suppressors from them with no regrets.

+1
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 2:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2010 2:36:49 PM EDT by lsujim]

+1 I've done a few transfers through him he has always treated me right.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:09:32 PM EDT
what can are you looking for?
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:44:41 PM EDT
The Gun STore
Spreadfire
Chuck's class 3
Shludershots
Sportsman's finest
Selph Arms

There are a couple of others.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:00:29 PM EDT
GT Distributors can transfer class 3 stuff recently I've started seeing a couple of suppressors on display.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 7:15:46 AM EDT
+1 for chucks class3.  www.chucksclass3.com  All my NFA goes here.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 12:47:09 PM EDT

recently?  i thought the current sheriff of Williamson county wasn't signing off on suppressors.  do you live in wilco?

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 1:28:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MrKrinker:

recently?  i thought the current sheriff of Williamson county wasn't signing off on suppressors.  do you live in wilco?

LLC or Trusts get around Wilco signoff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:36:49 AM EDT
Thanks, it will be handled by way of Trust.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:25:45 AM EDT

Live in Travis, but I went the LLC route so as to avoid the sign off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 9:39:33 AM EDT

Live in Travis, but I went the LLC route so as to avoid the sign off.

You didn't have to. Sheriff Hamilton signs everything.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:36:43 AM EDT
It took him three weeks to deny me on my first MG.  I had one arrest years ago for a DWI because of an overzealous cop,  charges were dropped once the DA saw the tape.  Not differed adjudication...just dropped.  This was enough reason for him to refuse to sign.  The concept of innocent when proven innocent hasn't occurred to him.  Creating the LLC was the smartest thing I could do.  No more finger prints, no more waiting weeks for a sign-off(that wouldn't happen anyway).  I think it cost me $325 to set up, and 10 minutes a year to fill out out my franchise tax forms online.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:39:25 AM EDT
I have bought multiple suppressors through both David and Chuck.

There shouldnt be an issue purchasing a suppressor through either one.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:43:30 AM EDT
It took him three weeks to deny me on my first MG.  I had one arrest years ago for a DWI because of an overzealous cop,  charges were dropped once the DA saw the tape.  Not differed adjudication...just dropped.  This was enough reason for him to refuse to sign.  The concept of innocent when proven innocent hasn't occurred to him.  Creating the LLC was the smartest thing I could do.  No more finger prints, no more waiting weeks for a sign-off(that wouldn't happen anyway).  I think it cost me $325 to set up, and 10 minutes a year to fill out out my franchise tax forms online.

TCSO are picky about sigs but if you do have a squeeky clean record they will sign for anything.

You are not the first person I have heard get denied for a sig for a "less than federal firearm owning disqualification"  but I think that is the first story I have heard where there was no actual conviction, etc. and they still refused to sign.

James
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:54:20 AM EDT
I thought it odd myself.  I pulled my criminal record from DPS and it clearly showed the charge dropped.  I guess it's worth it to pay an attorney to scrub my record, I just have a hard time justifying $1,000 to scrub an arrest off my record that shouldn't be there in the first place.
Top Top