Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2006 3:28:03 PM EDT
The title essentially says it all. Looking for components - espcially powder and primers.

Haven't noticed any the local shops - VA Arms, Shooter's Paradise, etc...

Link Posted: 8/20/2006 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Gilbert's Small Arms (in Springfield/Lorton) has a small selection, mainly overpriced bullets and dies. As you mentioned, Shooters' has some stuff. I usually go to Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas (about a mile or two south on 28 from VA Arms). They've got a fairly decent selection of primers and powder, a rather eclectic selection of brass (Need 7mm STW brass?), a small selection of bullets (most calibers represented, but not more than a weight or two in most calibers--if you want to play with, say, 165gr .308" bullets, you've got only one to play with--I was looking for those yesterday). You can get the brass/bullets online, so it's nice their powder/primer selection is pretty good.

If you want a big selection (though if I remember correctly, the prices are a bit high), you'll need to go west to Clark Brothers in Warrenton, or south to Gander Mountain in Fredericksburg. Oh, I forgot, Dawson's Small Arms (or something like that) a few miles south of Shooters' on route 1 (Dawson's is on the the west side of the road) has a pretty good selection of components. I don't remember what their prices are like, however.

I'd say: Powder/primers at Dawsons/Guns & Ammo/Clark brothers, and the order bullets/brass from Cabelas or MidwayUSA (or grafs, or any of a bunch of others)
Link Posted: 8/20/2006 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The title essentially says it all. Looking for components - espcially powder and primers.

Haven't noticed any the local shops - VA Arms, Shooter's Paradise, etc...

Gander mountain in Fredericksburg.   The bigggest selection is at Greentop on the north side of Richmond.  They will have just about everything.   From 8lb cans of various powders to a wide selection of most bullets.   I get most of my stuff from the Gun shows.  Tnt Reloading is a mainstay for any reloader in this area.   If not, try Powder Valley on the web.   They are much more reasonable than Midway.   Nice that midway is carrying powder now but their prices are retail +.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Another choice is Mac's Reloading out of Virginia Beach, he usually makes the Dale City show.  If you let him know ahead of time, he can usually bring anything odd/special/bulk you may be looking for.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Tommy Thacker over at Loudoun Guns in Leesburg.  He has a nice selection of reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2006 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
TNT reloading at the Richmond Showplace show, Mac's Reloading at whatever shows he shows up at (haven't seen him at Richmond lately).
Other than that, order online. I haven't found any store yet in Virginia where reloading components were cheaper than show vendors or ordering online and paying shipping,particularly for bulk components or tooling.
There was a guy from the Radford area (IIRC) who used to sell Alliant and Winchester powder for very good prices at the Richmond show a few years back. I'm not sure where he went or what his company was called,but he had good prices on components and dies. Maybe someone here knows who it is/was. I miss seeing him at shows-he kept prices down.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Clark Bros. south of Warrenton on Rt 29 has quite a bit. Bring lots of money though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top