Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2006 12:45:44 PM EDT
How often do you okies get together for a group shoot?

I got a few cool blasters that need to do more than 30yd in-door shooting.

Where all do you do the group shoots?  Anything in the central OK area?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Danc, does you nieghbor still need a good pissin off?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
as soon as all the new people kick up the case's of ammo they owe
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Danc, does you nieghbor still need a good pissin off?

Yep, she sure does! I don't want it to be this cold, but a 40 to 50 degree night with no wind would be perfect!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
It about time for a Lexington shoot or a shoot down around Acmans way.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I really want to make this next group shoot.  When and where?  I would love to meet a lot of you guys and see those of you that I do know.

You know, we need to have "club house" where all can meet and have a cup of coffee, etc.  Only requirement to be a member is a GUN NUT!

Take care

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I really want to make this next group shoot.  When and where?  I would love to meet a lot of you guys and see those of you that I do know.

You know, we need to have "club house" where all can meet and have a cup of coffee, etc.  Only requirement to be a member is a GUN NUT!

Take care

Hows that Mauser?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Weekends or Federal Holidays work for me.  I often don't work during the week as well, but I usually only get a one day's notice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Weekends or Federal Holidays work for me.  I often don't work during the week as well, but I usually only get a one day's notice.

Oh hush, you and your federal holidays......

Dont you have a bomber to fly?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to get my ass out there and practice for the CCW class.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anybody shoot shottys around here?  I see tons of talk about ARs and AKs and even the occasional pistol.  Nobody mentions much about the 12ga.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm still waiting for all the ammo the new guys are supossed to bring, But anymorning shoot at lex would work for me, I'm time limited on weekends so I can't travel very far.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Shoot shotguns when turkey, dove, and pheasant hunting. Use a Browning A5 12ga. or .20ga. Ithaca Lightweight I/C. Used to duck hunt but replaced it with bowhunting cause I luve deer meat better.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thats the truth, so do I even though I have my ccw.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Does anybody shoot shottys around here?  I see tons of talk about ARs and AKs and even the occasional pistol.  Nobody mentions much about the 12ga.

I've brought one of mine to a shoot before.....but i don't recall anyone else.......besides around hear lots of people buy into the ar is better than a shotty for home defense
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I have brought one, need to get another, I am SHOTTY less right now,
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

hell I'd bring mine but I'd hate to embarrass myself since I can't hit shit with one of those either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't think your score is a big deal for the CCW class here in OK.  However, I was exempt from shooting since I have military training on a handgun, and I brought in my training certificate for it.

For those that did have to shoot for the test, feel free to chime in here, but I heard you more or less just have to show you are safe with a handgun and can put the rounds on paper (from a close distance, something like 7 yards).  There is no minimum score, but if you miss the paper more than you hit it, you probably won't get approved.

Basically, just relax and you'll do fine.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think your score is a big deal for the CCW class here in OK.  However, I was exempt from shooting since I have military training on a handgun, and I brought in my training certificate for it.

For those that did have to shoot for the test, feel free to chime in here, but I heard you more or less just have to show you are safe with a handgun and can put the rounds on paper (from a close distance, something like 7 yards).  There is no minimum score, but if you miss the paper more than you hit it, you probably won't get approved.

So true about no scores, but I wanted to shoot as good a group as I could. Its a personal thing. There were about 7 of us and I was out shot by a man with Springfield XD.  I was useing a Ruger P89 with a very rough trigger at the time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So true about no scores, but I wanted to shoot as good a group as I could. Its a personal thing. There were about 7 of us and I was out shot by a man with Springfield XD.  I was useing a Ruger P89 with a very rough trigger at the time.

I totally agree with you here.  You want to do good, and by all means practice is encouraged.  Just don't get yourself worked up over trying to be the marksman on the range.

I should probably heed my own advice.  I always get all nervous before my "annual" qualification on the M9.  I really want to score expert or marksman so I can get the cool medal, but I've yet to do it.  I always miss it by a few shots!   Gosh!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

XD's are good.

As far as a shoot I am down for anything if I am not working.  Hell I will even carpool with 1shott if that tells you anything.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yeahhhh...Lemme get riiight on that...

Anybody know what it'll cost me to ship a case of ammo from Kuwait to Tulsa?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard that if you are serving & fighting for our freedom then the ammo case is waived. Or if you have posted more than 525 posts.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hell I thought the military had free shipping on packages?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

hell theres nothing wrong with a P89, I cleet qualified with one that had a broke adjustible rear sight I had to keep snapping in place and it jambed alot, my lowest score was 80 and that was with having to clear 2 jambs on the course of fire, the rest were 90s and 95s, last round should have been a 100, but the instructor said I missed the last two shots, which was horse shit, told him they went through that big ragged hole in the X ring, I even shot the little sillouette figure in the top left corner of the target at 25yrds to prove I could hit it, didn't sway his decision though.,

BFWIW, I carry an XD40, that 89 just jambed to much, and my 45s get heavy after a being on my feet all night    
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

$12.99   just go to sportsmansguide.com and they will ship it to OKC for $12.99
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd really like to go.  My weekends are free and Fridays for the most part.  I still have about half a case of tannerite I can bring if it's allowed where the shoot is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#27]
man I really need a tractor with a front end loader, I'd build a damn fine range in my parents back yard, complete with benches, could shoot anything you brought there
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
man I really need a tractor with a front end loader, I'd build a damn fine range in my parents back yard, complete with benches, could shoot anything you brought there

Hmm, sounds like something similar to what I have been working on!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Late April or early May would be good if it's not raining.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#31]
April 10th was the 1st Annual JTAC Shoot. I think we got really lucky last year at it, not too hot, not too cold, no rain, nice weather all around. Whatcha think, same weekend for the shoot this year? I will be attending it! Until then I'm game for another Lexington shoot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
April 10th was the 1st Annual JTAC Shoot. I think we got really lucky last year at it, not too hot, not too cold, no rain, nice weather all around. Whatcha think, same weekend for the shoot this year? I will be attending it! Until then I'm game for another Lexington shoot.

think you'll have that plum ready by then?, I'm still waiting to shoot that thang.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Unless the wife is like me...
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

think you'll have that plum ready by then?, I'm still waiting to shoot that thang.

I'm still waiting on ammo for it to get here.....and YES I'll have it done by then! ASS! I just need to put a few things together on it, mask it off and paint it n stuff......give a fellow nden a break!

And like Gunslingerdoc mentioned in the above posted rules.....YEAH, what he said!! +1
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#37]
what the drinking and shooting part?, I always do my drinking the night before, gotta have targets to shoot at on the day of the shoot.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#38]
So lets get some shit organized to have a  weekend group shoot with booze and some steel targets that will handle 50's
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#40]
The solution is simple. Only guns and booze will be allowed. NO AMMO anywhere near the place!
Or only booze and ammo. NO GUNS.
Or guns and ammo. NO BOOZE.
The last seems to be the best of the three!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes we really gotta get on Jason.  He has avoided another shoot for too long.  The last one was great and I hardly shot anything.  I'm with the Doc on waiting till May so they can get there NFA stuff and because the last two weeks in April I'll be in motor school.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Im watchin last years JTAC shoot on DVD (Thanks Rat!)

Fun stuff for sure, cant wait for the next one.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

You're welcome....and MUTE it! I sound like a rambling idiot on there, jeeez.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:16:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Looking forward to a shoot, hopefully my new AR will done in week or so.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're welcome....and MUTE it! I sound like a rambling idiot on there, jeeez.

you do kinda ramble
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
you do kinda ramble

Only when he thinks of you, ACman!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you do kinda ramble

Only when he thinks of you, ACman!

IF I'm able to borrow another cam corder....I'm not talking much at all!!  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm ready for a shoot, hope I have some time I can take, this fucking place I'm at just told me that since our positions arn't with the tribe anymore, we can't take our vacation till after a year,
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I'm ready for a shoot, hope I have some time I can take, this fucking place I'm at just told me that since our positions arn't with the tribe anymore, we can't take our vacation till after a year,

Hey, I work days not, I get off at 3:30pm....wanna try to get together on mon, tues or wed??
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I work days not, I get off at 3:30pm....wanna try to get together on mon, tues or wed??

sure, tuesday would be ideal, we could shoot at my trash dump, I just dropped a couple of truckloads off last week, so I know theres plenty of targets.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top