Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2003 11:51:01 PM EDT
I want to know when I can go back to the range and it not be too crowded there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#1]
It was a bit crowded there last week.  Sat & Sun mornings and early afternoons will be busy for a while.

Muzzle load and gun season continue on and off through November.

The range is almost always empty in the evenings on weekdays.

I've been there a couple of Monday evenings in the past few weeks and I've been the only person there.  Friday evenings are hit & miss.

I'm going out this evening, I'll report on Sunday evenings.

Edited:
Stay away....stay far away.
Went there this evening with 2 of my kids around 5:30 or so.  Too crowded for my comfort.  We could have (all 3 of us) shared one bench but we decided to go back home instead.  The place was packed.  The pistol range was not even half way filled.  Have to remember to bring pistols just for back up.  Actaully, we went for a drive through the park and came back around 6:00 but it was still too crowded.  So we went back home and set up a target on the tire swing and punched holes with the bb gun at moving targets.  Had fun anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You talking about Elk Neck, Phil?  I was there Sunday from about 4:30-5:00 until dark.  It was busy, but I had open benches on both sides of me all night.  Later in the day it seems to be the best time, if you bring a flashlight to pack up and don't mind being eaten by mosquitos.

Heck, I had enough room to set up two IPSC targets <g>.

jafager
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the shotgun/rifle deer season starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so it's going to be busy until then. I know at the range in York, I don't go near the place in November.
Usually the Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving is real bad since everyone waits until the last minute to sight in. (Rifle season in PA starts on the Monday after).
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You talking about Elk Neck, Phil?  I was there Sunday from about 4:30-5:00 until dark.  It was busy, but I had open benches on both sides of me all night.  Later in the day it seems to be the best time, if you bring a flashlight to pack up and don't mind being eaten by mosquitos.

Heck, I had enough room to set up two IPSC targets <g>.

jafager

yup Elk Neck.  If I was alone there would be no prob but with 2 young ones it was too crowded.

My advice stands...stay away, stay far away  

If we're talking going as a group...no way man.

BTW I can see in the dark, don't need a flashlight.  I spent many many years in a photo dark room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top