User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2009 2:55:19 PM EDT
Do you have to wait 24hrs.?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup...its a gun.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
And don't forget to bring your gun case with you when you pick it up just in case you run into a real stickler for rules
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I wasn't sure.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You didn't like the answer from your thread 10 days ago?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=382909
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes the wait is 24hrs. but you can transport it in a shipping box.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting.....

ReaperAR15 - this raises some red flags.  Why did you post 2 threads asking the same question?  You received the answer you were looking for in a truthful manor.  Are you trying to purchase a firearm illegally?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
And don't forget to bring your gun case with you when you pick it up just in case you run into a real stickler for rules

It would qualify as "broken down in a non functioning state"
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.....

ReaperAR15 - this raises some red flags.  Why did you post 2 threads asking the same question?  You received the answer you were looking for in a truthful manor.  Are you trying to purchase a firearm illegally?

Well, if he doesn't give a reasonable answer to this question, then we can assume he is either:

1. Local cop trying to entrap someone;

2. Worse, ATF agent looking to entrap someone;

3. Even worse, One of Mayor Daley's or New York Mayor Bloomberg's goons looking to entrap someone;

4. Worst case, he's a blockhead and not worth our attention.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.....

Well, if he doesn't give a reasonable answer to this question, then we can assume he is either:

3. Even worse, One of Mayor Daley's or New York Mayor Bloomberg's goons looking to entrap someone;

I don't know what's going on because he posted this same thread somewhere else and it was just moved to the Illinois hometown forum.

I sense something suspicious...but I'm a cautious person.  That's 3 threads asking about this subject.  I hope his gun store knows what's going on.  If he was attempting to buy from me, I would not follow through with the sale.  That's me though.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.....

I don't know what's going on because he posted this same thread somewhere else and it was just moved to the Illinois hometown forum.

I sense something suspicious...but I'm a cautious person.  That's 3 threads asking about this subject.  I hope his gun store knows what's going on.  If he was attempting to buy from me, I would not follow through with the sale.  That's me though.

Take care,
Bob

Have you guys thought that maybe he had a lower for sale, someone was trying to tell him that no waiting period applied, and he was trying to confirm?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Have you guys thought that maybe he had a lower for sale, someone was trying to tell him that no waiting period applied, and he was trying to confirm?

Have you read the other thread(s)?

From the first thread:
Quoted:
If I buy a stripped lower from a Gun show or FFL dealer is there a 24hr. wait time like buying a complete rifle? I am asking because it is a long drive to nearest Gun shop.

EDIT: I'm betting that he either thought his first HTF thread got deleted and did not check page 2 or whatever page, or he is buying from an out of state show and made the additional post in the GD, which got moved here, to see if that changed the rules.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Have you guys thought that maybe he had a lower for sale, someone was trying to tell him that no waiting period applied, and he was trying to confirm?

Yeah, I ran through a few scenarios here, and I was a little quick to say I would not complete the sale, but 3 threads is a little much when he was answered.  It's like he was looking for the answer he was wanting to hear - or he's trying to sniff out somebody who would say something along the lines of "I'll sell you one of mine, go ahead and come pick it up...screw the wait."

I'm skeptical, but with sting operations and such out there, a person really needs to be.

Take care,
Bob
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I ran through a few scenarios here, and I was a little quick to say I would not complete the sale, but 3 threads is a little much when he was answered.  It's like he was looking for the answer he was wanting to hear - or he's trying to sniff out somebody who would say something along the lines of "I'll sell you one of mine, go ahead and come pick it up...screw the wait."

I'm skeptical, but with sting operations and such out there, a person really needs to be.

Take care,
Bob

I agree completely  with Miller. Three threads and no further response from him saying thank you for the info or even acknowledging our concern that he may be trying to entrap someone somehow.

If he is for real, then let him respond asap. Otherwise, I think our moderator should LOCK his threads or block his posts!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would qualify as "broken down in a non functioning state"

Yeah, I know that is in the law, but the gun shop I go to wont let you take your receiver unless you have a case.  That was why I mentioned in case you run into a stickler for the rules.  I put mine in my brief case, and he said well that is not really a gun case but I guess I'll let you slide.  Covering his own rear end I would imagine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Due you guys smell that...?  What is that...?   Oh I know what that is... Its a... JACK BOOTED THUG!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
What about the 24hrs after the purchase(money transfer to original seller) vs. the FFL actually receiving it(then paying the FFL transfer fee)?  I think I missed the outcome of that what did we find out?

Also, every gunshop/FFL I bought from said the original shipping package was fine for transportation.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#17]
IBTL      
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IBTL      

me... me...     IBTL!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sorry, but IBTL stands for______________?  

Can somebody fill in the blank?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but IBTL stands for______________?  

Can somebody fill in the blank?

Sorry Bob but its kind of childish... it stands for: In Before The Lock!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#21]
kind of childish ??    LMAO ! !     Yes,  but funny none the less.........      
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Asked and answered (repeatedly), then it started to swirl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top