Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2003 9:30:34 PM EDT
It's already Wednesday! Where are we going to meet? How do we get there? What do we bring? I'm excited! I'm excited!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
START?

hell, I been planning since the last one I missed.

TXL

Also, you do wanna bring lots o water this time.

toilet paper, too

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Bring rain gear. It is getting wet in this area. Saturday has a 40%chanch of rain.

If it does rain a 4-wheel drive wouldn't hurt... fullclip
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:02:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think I'm gonna make it to this one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
 I left a leaf rake there to help with the brass.  Last time we raked up tons of brass and there was still a lot left.  Maybe a couple of 5 gallon buckets would help, so people can police up their brass and have a place to drop it.

mike
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I IM'ed ETH for directions. Still havn't heard back. I can't think of any way to get a 4x4, raining or not. What are the chances my Thunderbird can get there if it's raining?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Can your thunderbird make it!!!!

hahahahahahaha

the questions is, can you!!!!

When I get home, I will email you directions, im me you email addy

expect directions around 6 pm

TXL
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can your thunderbird make it!!!!

hahahahahahaha

the questions is, can you!!!!

When I get home, I will email you directions, im me you email addy

expect directions around 6 pm

TXL

Hey! There's my Jeep!

I plan on leaving Friday night with ILL.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Bring a hat and some sun screen in case...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, I got my directions from ETH now. Now I just have to go up in the attic and find the tent. I got me one of those nifty camouflage hats like Rick Leventhal wore on FNC during the war! I have the first aid kit, the sun screen, the OFF!, a backback, ammo, guns, a lantern...I guess I still need food, drinks, a cooler, blankets, pillow. What else? Did I miss something?

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to email directions and what not, my email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#11]
tp

reactive targets?

possible wet weather gear

booze

TXL
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Legs & I just went to Target and picked up some large tarps for shade. Go pick one up. $14.06 after taxes for the larger one (green). They are located near the tents.

Don't forget your portable chairs!!!!

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#13]
oh, and a frs radio

channel 2

no sub code

when are you driving out?

TXL
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Planning on driving out tomorrow night around 5:30, but, after seeing that it's twice as far away as I thought it was, those plans may change. I don't have a FRS radio, but I have an amateur radio. I'll try to go find out how cheap I can get an FRS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#15]
anyone up for giving me a lift?
my acura integra can barely manage wet pavement, much less mud.

also, ive got a case of 5.56 q3131 that im looking to trade for like quantites of good .308 to shoot thru my new FAL.  i didnt buy any ammo for it so im up shit creek.

ill help pay for gas and buy a dozen krispy kremes for whoever lets me ride along. (no gay shit though, im still in college.)
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Planning on driving out tomorrow night around 5:30, but, after seeing that it's twice as far away as I thought it was, those plans may change. I don't have a FRS radio, but I have an amateur radio. I'll try to go find out how cheap I can get an FRS.

Get a good one, not a cheap oe, or you will regret it. I will sell you one of my Motorola's for around $90... it isn't cheap (I paid twice that), but the range on it (been tested) seems better than on their newer models. Go figure.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
anyone up for giving me a lift?
my acura integra can barely manage wet pavement, much less mud.

also, ive got a case of 5.56 q3131 that im looking to trade for like quantites of good .308 to shoot thru my new FAL.  i didnt buy any ammo for it so im up shit creek.

ill help pay for gas and buy a dozen krispy kremes for whoever lets me ride along. (no gay shit though, im still in college.)

Badd_Bradd says everyone is gay in college...

You can probably ride up with us. You can pay gas. hehe

Call me tonight (after 9pm)-- we'll see if there is room.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a good one, not a cheap oe, or you will regret it. I will sell you one of my Motorola's for around $90... it isn't cheap (I paid twice that), but the range on it (been tested) seems better than on their newer models. Go figure.

That offer sounds good Energizer, but there's no way that I can afford it now. I'm still looking for a job, so if I get one, it has to be in the $10 - $20 range. What do we use 'em for up there? Should I not bother getting one if I can only afford the ultra-cheap ones?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#19]
just borrow one... we use them when caravaning and talking at the farm. I never used mine...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]
They are a fucken waste of money and we don't use them that much anyway.
2 mile coverage.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
The baby's due any day now.  I think it would be in my best interests to be here when Abigail shows up.

I sure do hate missing a farm trip.  

Everyone be safe and have fun.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have some Santa Barbara 308 I'll trade ya.
But it didn'y work out to well in my FAL.
Maybe it will with yours. Wanna try it ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#23]
was it that stuff we shot at the CC gun range?
sure ill trade it...
as long as i can use some of the for sure stuff (10 rounds or so) to make sure the gas port is set right.

.:C.:O.:L.:I.:N

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some Santa Barbara 308 I'll trade ya.
But it didn'y work out to well in my FAL.
Maybe it will with yours. Wanna try it ?

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll bring it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top