Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 11:34:28 AM EDT
I have never been to this show.

How does it compare to the Kane Co shows.

JR

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It's nowhere near as large.

One of our contract guys goes there, he'll have ar15 pieces parts. His name is Bobby. He also does the Lakemoor show.

Pam is in Belleville.

Veronica at M&A Parts

Hey, it gets you out of the house, right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The DuPage show is usually very crowded. Good place to get ammo. Last time I went I was unimpressed
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not the show it used to be back when there were three buildings.  Now it seems like it's sometimes a struggle to fill two.  Seemed like fewer customers and dealers as last season progressed, but  still worth a visit.  It does end early, like 1ish with some dealers even packing up around noon.   It could be crowded later in the morning since I've been hearing radio advertisements for a three day computer show also at the fairgrounds this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Does any one know if they are going to be handing out the phone number to call up the ISP for private transactions, or does this stuff really have to go thru an FFL now?

Also, M-and-A, is your contract guy the one in the smaller building with the younger guy, or the one in the smaller building with the older guy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to go, thanks for letting me know that it's a waste of time. :)  I'm going to the range instead.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also, M-and-A, is your contract guy the one in the smaller building with the younger guy, or the one in the smaller building with the older guy?

If I remember correctly, He's in the front building across from the snack bar.  An older guy.  Usually has a rack of uppers on the end of his tables.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#7]
the show was shit,thank god for knob creek in two weeks
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the show was shit,thank god for knob creek in two weeks

I almost got up to go to the show, guess it was good I didn't.  In stead I'l be shooting my M1A today and my borther will be cmoing along- a lot more fun.

Kane County is next week, it is usually a pretty decent show....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:21:54 AM EDT
[#9]
The show was no kane county but for a dupage show, it was pretty good as far as I am concerned. Cheap ammo, decent mag prices, and a few other bargins here and there depending on what you were looking for. If this is an indication of how Kane will be, my bank account may take a hit next week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#10]
i must have missed the ammo and mag deals.where were they?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I know they do not beat the best internet prices but the people near the northwest corner of the smaller building had cheap relative to local pricing on USGI mags and Wolf ammo. For instance 115 a case for 62 or 55 gr  .223 and USGI mags for 14 sealed and 8 used.

On another note, near the entrance of the main building there is a table with a couple of guys selling reloads in ziploc bags. Does anyone have any experience with this ammo? The .38spl was cheaper than Walmart ammo, and JHP to boot. If the ammo is good, I am going to pick up some at the kane show in 45ACP.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I know they do not beat the best internet prices but the people near the northwest corner of the smaller building had cheap relative to local pricing on USGI mags and Wolf ammo. For instance 115 a case for 62 or 55 gr  .223 and USGI mags for 14 sealed and 8 used.

On another note, near the entrance of the main building there is a table with a couple of guys selling reloads in ziploc bags. Does anyone have any experience with this ammo? The .38spl was cheaper than Walmart ammo, and JHP to boot. If the ammo is good, I am going to pick up some at the kane show in 45ACP.

I personally would NEVER EVER EVER buy reloaded ammo at a gunshow.  My hands, eyes, and life are worth a lot more than saving a  few pennies per round.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I was there yesterday and I thought it sucked mule ass. Lots of empty tables, other tables full of junk. I was tempted to ask for my $5.00 back. Don't think I'll be going there anymore. Save my time and pennies for Kane Co.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I was there also and was not crazy about it either, but we still need to keep going to these shows to support them otherwise they will go away THEN WHAT.   Lots of these vendors are in competition with the internet sales so its tough for them also.

We need to support each other (within reason of course).

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:07:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I was there yesterday and I thought it sucked mule ass. Lots of empty tables, other tables full of junk. I was tempted to ask for my $5.00 back. Don't think I'll be going there anymore. Save my time and pennies for Kane Co.

+1

Every time I go to DuPage, it gets exponentially worse. They need to extend the hours, or, make it a Sat/Sun show. The big problem with the shows is if you do end up wanting to buy a gun, usually the seller lives halfway across the state and you can't pick it up unless you drive to his place, or until you see him at the next show, usually a month later.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was there also and was not crazy about it either, but we still need to keep going to these shows to support them otherwise they will go away THEN WHAT.   Lots of these vendors are in competition with the internet sales so its tough for them also.

We need to support each other (within reason of course).

I did end up buying a used gun rack from an older gentleman in the smaller building so it wasn't a total loss.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Any reason why Kane County's gun show isn't listed in the Illinois State Police's list of gun shows/dates? (www.isp.state.il.us/docs/gunshow090105.pdf)

(I do see it listed at: www.kanecountyfair.com/calendar.cfm#26)

Does the failure to have it listed in the ISP directory mean the Kane Co. show isn't "recognized?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top