Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 9:03:47 AM EDT
I just read on the biggerhammer boards that ARM-USA is going club only?You will have to goin there club to even walk through the door.There yearly membership fee is something like $120 a year and a $50 background check and you have to join the NRA???Wow,after all that who can afford to buy another gun!There prices are already high to begin with and now more fee's?Did any of you get there flier too and what do you think about it,bad business move or genius's in the making.I don't think I will be goin there anymore,good luck with your venture.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Never been, never will go now..
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
i guess they will have to stop setting up at the local gun shows too, or make non-members wear blinders when passing by their tables.

sounds like a seriously BAD bidness decision.

more than likely the members will get a discount, and non-members gotta pay regular price, no one could be that dumb as to not allow non-members into their store, how else would somone know if being a member is worth it without being able to see what they got.

never been to their store, and have been very unimpressed with what ive seen at their gun show tables.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Garand1911 lol!I like the part where you have to put blinders on.I wonder what the background check is for?I thought they take care of that with the Dros fee's.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I received an email about the club

We will have a library/lounge area where club members can come in and kick back. We'll have videos for viewing by members, reduced prices on gunsmithing service, borescope services, video rentals, discounted firearm prices, and savings on everything in the store.

It's not a "members only", the club members recieve discounts and other stuff that non-members will not.  Looks like they are trying a new idea, so be it.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Eventually, gun sales will be to members only according to them.

Read the post on BiggerHammer.  Their attitude flat out sucks.  It also seems like they are trying to take all the credit for defeating AB50 when many people also wrote, called, faxed and voted, not just them.  They say they don't need or want us if we don't vote and support their efforts.  How the hell would they know if I vote or not?  And yes, I do appreciate their efforts but not their attitude or their high prices for that matter.  Oh well, guess we won't be seeing them at gunshows anymore.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:24:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been to their store maybe 3 times, but never bought anything. Their "discount" prices are higher than most people's regular prices.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
from the arm-use website --http://www.50bmgstore.com/gunrunnersclub.htm

"So, what about this thing with the club, you ask? We have some great ideas and hope you are open minded enough to give the Club a chance. We will have a library/lounge area where club members can come in and kick back. We'll have videos for viewing by members, reduced prices on gunsmithing services, borescope services, video rentals, discounted firearm prices, and savings on everything in the store."

"Once we move to our new location, the goal is to put in a few range lanes. The range will be open to members only. Eventually all firearm sales will be to members only."
"For the last 5 years we've been busting our asses to make gun owners aware that we are slowly losing our rights. And many of our customers have been instrumental in seeing that various gun control bills did not make it to law. Together, WE are the reason that you CAN STILL BUY a 50 caliber rifle in California. We have beat the statewide 50 caliber ban TWICE! Now THAT's saying something. By creating the club, we can give something back to those of our customers who really give a damn about whether we can buy guns next year or not. "
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
WOW they must have a very good and loyal customer base to consider going members only, or be insane.

I have no problems with their price, its their store and merchandise they can charge whatever they want. If I dont agree with it I will go somewhere else. And so far my dealings with them have been pleasent, they have always been helpful.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:22:36 AM EDT
[#9]
A "members only" gunstore?  As if the government isn't trying to do everything it can possibly do to discourage it's peons citizens from buying and owning guns, a retailer now proposes to raise additional barriers.

I guess they figure that since only well-to-do people can afford .50’s they might as well squeeze a little more from their customers.

Must be some sort of newly minted MBA that came up with a harebrained scheme like that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I've purchased goods and a few firearms from them. Nice folk, and the prices arent really jacked up(at least on the stuff i bought).
Hell, when i corrected them on a major error, they were nice enough to secretly get me a year membership in the NRA. (im guessing it was them, no one else would do sucha thing)
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm,free membership to the NRA.I hate to rain on your parade but the NRA always sends me fliers in the mail for a free 1 year membership if you join.I think also there lifetime membership is something like $60 now.It sounds like there really desperate to get new members.Its probably to pay for all of those high salary guys that are doin nothing for us.Go figure.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top