User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2010 6:33:58 PM EDT
This was posted in our TX forum, was wondering if you
guys had any updates on this?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=418639
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The word is "egregious".

I've never heard of or seen this before your post.

Link Posted: 7/26/2010 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
there are 3 or 4 topics in GD on it now.  this is the current one has hasnt been locked yet.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1068155&page=1

it still floors me the officer stated in route, he was going to find something to charge the guy with, and they still say the home SEARCH was exigent circumstances...
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I just don't get how this guy had to go thru all this
for target shooting with a .22 on his own property.

There have always been lowlifes with badges
but what's worse to me is that the D.A. just went along with it.
You would think that he would have no filed and let bygones be bygones
but instead he goes about trying to ruin this mans life. What kind of person
does that? Again because the guy likes to target shoot on his own property?
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
similar situation:

TRUE STORY: This happened to me back in July in CA.

I drive home after work, and pull into my driveway and a 11 year Black
Kid comes up to me crying. He tells me that the "Children of Corn" from
next door were calling in racial names and threatening

to beat him up. He asked me to tell them to stop.(Now mind you, their
parents are not home, and I have 3-4 children in my front yard listening
to this.) I see the kids next door in their driveway, and go over

tell them politely( I am being completely truthful on this) that if they
are making threats that it could very well be construed as a hate crime
and Sheriff will be called and left it at that.

About (2) hours later, my daughter runs into the house, saying that 2
sheriffs cars just pulled up in front of our house, so I go outside to
see what is going on, and they come up onto my driveway with their

gun hand on their pistol.  And ask me what is going on? I say "nothing
that I am aware of" and say "yes you do, care to explain why we are
here" Me: "No idea". Now I have my hands in front of me and I

am wearing cargo shorts, T-shirt and flip flops and having a smoke. The
Lead deputy, says  " Do you have some ID on you?" and I pull out my
creds and badge and identify myself to them, and they

instantly power down. They proceed to tell me that the "Children of the
Corn" next door told mommy that I drew down on them with a gun and felt
scared, so when mommy got home several hours later

she called 911. And I did identify myself to the children next door, and
they know what I do, I just do not wear a regular uniform to work, just
5.11s and a polo.

MORAL of STORY: This could have gone to Full Ugly in seconds, because
some tweeker makes bullshit allegations on the phone, and the deputies
do not know who I am, they just get a "man with a gun"

call. Luckily I was not armed and wearing cloths that did very little
to conceal a handgun. I am just thankful I did not get my ass beat, and
taken to jail or shot, having kids in the yard playing helped the

situation out some. Plus I did not go Full Retard on the cops with attitude or mutherfucking them.
Just remember, shit can happen to you no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
similar situation:

TRUE STORY: This happened to me back in July in CA.

I drive home after work, and pull into my driveway and a 11 year Black Kid comes up to me crying. He tells me that the "Children of Corn" from next door were calling in racial names and threatening

to beat him up. He asked me to tell them to stop.(Now mind you, their parents are not home, and I have 3-4 children in my front yard listening to this.) I see the kids next door in their driveway, and go over

tell them politely( I am being completely truthful on this) that if they are making threats that it could very well be construed as a hate crime and Sheriff will be called and left it at that.

About (2) hours later, my daughter runs into the house, saying that 2 sheriffs cars just pulled up in front of our house, so I go outside to see what is going on, and they come up onto my driveway with their

gun hand on their pistol.  And ask me what is going on? I say "nothing that I am aware of" and say "yes you do, care to explain why we are here" Me: "No idea". Now I have my hands in front of me and I

am wearing cargo shorts, T-shirt and flip flops and having a smoke. The Lead deputy, says  " Do you have some ID on you?" and I pull out my creds and badge and identify myself to them, and they

instantly power down. They proceed to tell me that the "Children of the Corn" next door told mommy that I drew down on them with a gun and felt scared, so when mommy got home several hours later

she called 911. And I did identify myself to the children next door, and they know what I do, I just do not wear a regular uniform to work, just 5.11s and a polo.

MORAL of STORY: This could have gone to Full Ugly in seconds, because some tweeker makes bullshit allegations on the phone, and the deputies do not know who I am, they just get a "man with a gun"

call. Luckily I was not armed and wearing cloths that did very little to conceal a handgun. I am just thankful I did not get my ass beat, and taken to jail or shot, having kids in the yard playing helped the

situation out some. Plus I did not go Full Retard on the cops with attitude or mutherfucking them.

Just remember, shit can happen to you no matter what.

Unless you are from  Fresno area or Hayfork  the "Children of the corn"  are Great Grandkids of okies with SAG/aftra membership cards & agents and they have  been in 2 Carls Jr. commercials and a Six Flags national TV spot .
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Any word on the validity of this recording and this case? I've never heard of this and really don't want to believe it. My brother is a cop in Wa. State, my neighbor is a retired L.A. Sheriff deputy, a good friend of mine works counter terrorism with L.A sheriff's dept. and my cousin is a S.W.A.T. officer in Ventura county. NONE of them would do anything like this. I could see trying to get something to stick if this guy was a criminal, had some priors or something.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I have met plenty of city cops in SLO County that have been very good, honorable people.  I've heard some horror stories about the Sheriffs though.  When it comes to just about everything except large college parties out in the boondocks they are supposed to be pretty shady.  I've lived in SLO my entire life and quite frankly, I've pretty disgusted by this story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top