Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2004 1:25:20 PM EDT
Taking a class, wondering how to dress, and too lazy to call Gunsite. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Burrrrr!
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
What they said.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Any rain? And how cold? You guys go Burrr at anything less than 70
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Rain, snow, cold, WIND, etc. ,,,,,,,,,

It's going to be 34 here in the northern command tomorrow with 25-35 mph winds:
You may get lucky, and catch sunny days with no wind in the 40's to 50's for the week, but don't count on it.

I'd take clothing for everything from low 60's with sun, to highs of 20 with clouds, wind, and snow.
Take it with you because if you don't, you will be wishing you had.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Cold enough to spit snow flakes at you on occassion...

Weather.com

sounds like a good time to me!
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 8:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, thanks guys. Sounds like home

Maybe I'll see some arfcommers when I am in AZ. I'll be in Phoenix and Tucson too, at times.
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#9]
... My pop lives up that way, actually a little higher in altitude south of Ash Fork. Tough old Marine, he'd laugh at any of his five sons if they complained about the cold
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me know what week and class you're going to be here for, and I'll try my best to stop by for lunch.

Also,

let me know where you're going to stay in town.
I might have a few suggestions on where to, and not to stay.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let me know what week and class you're going to be here for, and I'll try my best to stop by for lunch.

Also,

Jay

Yeah, watch out for those Pauldenistas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Also,

Jay

Cool, you up in Prescott? Class is Defensive Pistol 250, Jan. 3-7.

ETA: Don't know where I am staying right now, my dad made the reservations.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Who is teaching the class?
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1,
and I'm still curious where you're going to stay,, when dad let's you in on it.

Jay

Link Posted: 12/23/2004 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1,
and I'm still curious where you're going to stay,, when dad let's you in on it.

Jay

Don't know who the instructor is, the instructors identity was not divulged in the correspondence thus far. My old man can't remember which place. It's a bed and breakfast off the list on Gunsites web page. More information as I get it
Link Posted: 12/24/2004 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#16]
If it's the Little Thumb Butte bed & Breakfast in Paulden, you've made an excellent choice.
Ann Harrington, who owns it, is a great person, and will take good care of your father and you.

For my last 2 classes at Gunsite, Ann put on a dinner for the classes on thursday (night shoot ) so we didn't have to go all over the area or go home to eat dinner, and would be back at Gunsite when we were supposed to for the evening shoot.

I know she does it for Pat Roger's classes, but I don't know about te other instructors.

Jay

Link Posted: 1/1/2005 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Well,

Are you going to tell me, or are you afraid because I know where you're staying ??????

You should be afraid,,,,,    

Jay
Link Posted: 1/2/2005 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#18]
bump
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#19]
So C_J,

Was the weather everything you thought it would be ??????????

Tell us about the first day after you get back from Wal Mart.  

Jay
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Are you going to tell me, or are you afraid because I know where you're staying ??????

I got an internet connection back up for the first time since I left WA. We stayed at Raven's Keep. Its a little place, a side job of two great people, Tim and Renee Brooks. They only rent rooms to Gunsite students. I had a great time, despite the fact that in the collective memory of everyone on the ranch their had never been a class held in such poor weather. Instructors were Ed Head and LaMonte Kintsel. I would have liked to meet up with some arfcommers, but I didn't have an internet connection. I also had the flu the whole week and when I wasn't shooting I was medicated (after the shooting stopped, of course) and trying to sleep. I'll start another thread around here somewhere telling the story, I imagine. I had quite a week. Met Col. Cooper in his living room on Wed., btw. Hell of a man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Gunsite is an excellent operation..

When we went they had a camping area that we stayed at in our tents..
Do they still let people do that...?

C.g.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, and one fella did!

Kevin is a Marine and an instructor for National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS). Hardcore. LaMonte lives at the gate of the ranch and offered him a room, but he declined and stayed the whole time in a tent.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry I didn't make it out there.
Things got a little busy.
I was eating lunch on the road between calls all week

Glad you survived.
Take a May class next time if you can.
Much better weather.

How late did you shoot on Friday?
Things sure got nasty in the afternoon.
Did you get everything wrapped up before the snow moved in?

Jay
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
May class sounds good No worries about not getting out there, I'll be back down sooner or later.

We actually were going into the classroom for graduation when the snow started. Had a hard time getting through Prescott in the snow.

BTW, saw some guys shoplift a case of beer from a gas station. Where were you when we needed you?!?! J/K. My brother and I were carrying openly and it certainly wasn't worth confronting two guys over. Not my battle.

Anyway, my brother and I shot expert and we'll almost certainly be back in June to take 350 or 499. Could skip 350 and go to 499 but I don't know if thats a good idea.

Ryan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top