Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 7:22:46 PM EDT
I was wondering what would be required to start a village or township or whatever you want to call it in North Dakota?

Im asking because me and a few others(10 people all together)  have a crazy idea of starting a town about 10ish miles outside Dickinson, ND (in any direction).

Ive been looking through the ND Century Laws, and I cant understand crap from them laws, i guess im not "lawyer" enough....

ND Century Laws

And no, this wont be a repeat of Waco...

I started to think "Why not? Theres a town in southern ND(or Northern SD) called Hoover with 3 people in it... "

So, could the Arfcom help me out?

BTW, I tried my lawyer, but shes "busy" (doing what, ill never know) but she couldnt help me for at least a week, maybe more...

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this.. it might make things easier..

A lot of towns in North and South Dakota have just ceased to exist in the last 100 years.

Get a 100 year old map of North Dakota and see if there were any towns listed within 10 miles of Dickinson.. If there were.. just start it up again..

I've got an ex-brother in law who did that in South Dakota, he's the only person living in Vayland SD... between Wessington and Wolsey...

Google "Historical Maps of North Dakota"

Or try this

Old ND maps

You've got Eland, Lehigh, Belfield, Heart, Gladstone.. and many more.. all for your taking.. unless someone still lives there..

Good luck..

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, thanks man, I didnt know I could just re-start another town, i thought it was like a person, once its dead, its dead for good... lol

BTW, I got family in Indiana, My mother was born in Fort Wayne, and I have have a living Grandmother in Cambridge City.

I do say, that Indiana is a very nice state.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
hey...i got a good town name for ya...

AR Town

sounding like "Our Town" with a AR

LOL if you build it they will come!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top