Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/3/2006 6:05:38 PM EDT
Whats up gentlemen, me and the fiance are going to tenessee for the week from Missouri (feb 5-10). and I was wondering what there was to do there . I will most likely do all the little touristy stuff but is there any good gun ranges or good stuff the locals do around there as far as food or whatever. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:13:19 PM EDT
I like Maxwell's and the chop house for dinner. The chop house is down by the tangier outlet malls. Walk up to Laurel Falls, it is only 1 mile and a paved walk way, nice spot. Cruise the park, ride go-carts. Some people like the dixie stampede as a tourists night out. I enjoy the PArk more and stay out of the town as much a possible when I go.(3-4 times/year)
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:35:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 5:36:34 AM EDT by hydroshok]
I like to go over to Gatlinburg and go up the mountain into Cheerokee N.C., and ride the tram up to Ober Gatlinburg to do some snow skiiing, hit the bars, then hurt myself trying to ice skate on the indoor rink
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:12:48 PM EDT
Pigeon Forge is TN's version of Branson, MO. Lot's of corny ways to spend your hard earned money. Gatlinburg is just a prettier version of Pigeon Forge. That's my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2006 4:57:38 PM EDT by Memfuzz]
If you like looking at wildlife by all means take a good camera and drive through Cade's Cove! Smoky Mountain Knife Works is pretty cool, and a new Bass Pro opened there too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:28:37 PM EDT
P.F. is the arm pit of the smokies, a giant tourist trap. The mountains are beatiful get out and hike,If you want to see the outlets look during the week. Weekend are a traffic jam. Please don't judge our fine state by our arm pit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:18:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Memfuzz:
If you like looking at wildlife by all means take a good camera and drive through Cade's Cove! Smoky Mountain Knife Works is pretty cool, and a new Bass Pro opened there too.

Okay, I'm heading to G'burg this weekend as well. Can you give me a better idea where Smoky Mountain Knife works is, and where the new Bass Pro is located. I was there this time last year as well, don't remember either one, I might have just missed them though. Gotta find the Bass Pro, that could be interesting......
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:27:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jasba:

Can you give me a better idea where Smoky Mountain Knife works is, and where the new Bass Pro is located.

It is located on Hwy. 66 between I-40 and Sevierville. It is on your right going towards Sevierville just after you cross over the French Broad river. You can't miss it.

Gotta find the Bass Pro, that could be interesting......

It is at the exit off of I-40 at Hwy. 66. It is on the north side of the interstate across the street from the Smokies stadium. Interesting???.....hardly . Maybe the fish tank. Don't get your hopes up, it ain't got anything that any other place doesn't have.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:25:01 PM EDT
Both shops are at the I-40 exit #407. Comin' from Knoxville....Bass pro is on the left of the exit and Smoky Mtn. Knife is to the right....a couple of miles down and on the right. Just past the river.
Both are worth a look see. The knife works is really interesting the 1st time. Bass Pro is laid out different than the Nashville store, but still has all the same, overpriced crap.

That's my 2 cents..............BigJohn
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2006 12:48:43 AM EDT by calsapher]
Just got back, I had alot of fun, but everything closed about 7pm and it was kinda touristy. We had a really nice cabin though and got alot of relaxation in. I am an outdoorsy type so I spent alot of time in the national park, which is super nice. The branson comparison was right on except for the hiking you could do in the mountains.

I have to say though, that while I am definitely not an expert on your fine state, nor have I spent more than a couple of weeks, I enjoyed my stay very much. All the people I ran into were extremely nice and polite, it was a nice change of pace from St. Louis.

After we toured Pigeon forge and Gatlinburg, we went to Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville, which was alot of fun for me, the gentlemen there were extremely helpful, I picked up some xs night sights for my G21 and a edc carry knife, this was a nice change of pace from my local gun shops, which most of the time do not even acknowledge my existence because im younger. Anyway to make along story short I liked the knoxville area alot I think its like turkey creek or something like that. I would love to move to an area like that after college.

Top Top