Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 7/11/2003 7:05:17 PM EDT
I live in NA and decided to give them another try, but again it has always been bad, so turned off by the staff, they have a limited amount of firearms and accessories, the prices are high and customer service sucks. Only their indoor range and gun rental keeps this place in business. Am I wrong? Vances and Buckeye blows this place away, even Gander Mountain dare I say is better.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I live in NA and decided to give them another try, but again it has always been bad, so turned off by the staff, they have a limited amount of firearms and accessories, the prices are high and customer service sucks. Only their indoor range and gun rental keeps this place in business. Am I wrong? Vances and Buckeye blows this place away, even Gander Mountain dare I say is better.

Yep, you've said it.  New Albany has terrible customer service, pricey guns, and limited stock.  Vance's does blow them out of the water, but damnit if they don't have the nicest range in the state.  Too bad it's also pricey to shoot there.

I seldom go there anymore.  I usually only go on the off chance that they have something cheaper.  I should not better though.  They price things like the airport does!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have to agree, I only go in there to laugh at their prices.  Most of the time I go in there they don't give me the time of day.  It may be less appealing but cost wise I go to either Delaware or the Powder Room to shoot. I'm not a handgunner so much so New Albany doesn't appeal to me for shooting rifles, not much sence in 23 yards to sight in a rifle.  I've been going to Vance's for years even worked there for a spell.  Gander I wasn't much impressed with, they don't have much either. Worked there to, they don't run things well. Buckeye has a huge store, very nice, though it seemed to me that the people working there didn't have much of a clue.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
At least I know I get disrepected either when I stop by during lunch from work with my suit on or on the weekends with my shorts and t-shirt! I still can not see how they are the #1 Wilson Combat dealer in the country?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Same exprience here too.  I use to go there quite often for handgun practice but I've not been there lately.  They seem to think they are the shit, but don't really have much of anything that we would be interested in.

I once asked how much a transfer would be and the guy looked at me with a straight face and said $100!  Yeah, right see ya!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I once asked how much a transfer would be and the guy looked at me with a straight face and said $100!  Yeah, right see ya!

Same when I went and asked about getting the SEBR sent there last week.   They'd knock it to $50 if I was a member   Now to hit Vances
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been there a couple of times but do not like the staff that has been there.  Usually at a new place I take in a gun to see how fair they will be on trades or purchases.  After it was open several months I took in my 99.9% Galil 386s to see how fair they would be.  Well I was offered $450 if I sold it to them and $350 for a trade. I walked out and hardly ever stop in even to look around.  I guess unless you drive a BMW and wear Armani suites you are considered an underling there.
One guy there, Greg, used to work for Davis Guns.  He is one of the biggest jackasses I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are looking for a place to do transfers in Columbus, the Powder Room only charges $20 and they are pretty cool about it.

New Albany has a very nice range, but the guys that work there are mostly arrogant and condescending.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate New Albany Shooting range with a passion. Before I went in the service I went in there a few times and was ignored or if they felt like serving me they acted as if they were doing me a favor. Then on top of that they tried to shut down the Powder Room when I worked there by sicking the EPA on us. Fuck those dicks, buy at Vances or the Powder Room. But you know in every city theres a store just like New Albany Range, our here in Las Vegas is American Shooters, same bunch of assnecks as New Albany.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:46:39 AM EDT
[#9]
It's funny how someone that makes probably no more than $10 an hour gives us an attitude, one good thing I see when I am there is that nobody buys anything, there only for the range.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's funny how someone that makes probably no more than $10 an hour gives us an attitude, one good thing I see when I am there is that nobody buys anything, there only for the range.

Exactly!  I only bought one gun there, but that's because it was a hell of a deal.  They had 18" Parkerized 870's w/ the 2 shot tube extension for $299.  I swear I'm the only person that's bought a gun there in the last year!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
You know whats funny? Ive been away in the military for almost 4 years and when Im home on leave and extremely bored, I'll head over there and see whats up. There are some of the same weapons hanging on the wall that were there from before I left. Sales must be really good there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
New Albany has a very nice range, but the guys that work there are mostly arrogant and condescending.

Mr. Handlebar mustache who works there paid Drof06 a real nice compliment on his custom 10/22...  

We were talking to the guy for a bit and the guy asked to look at the custom tricked out 10/22.  It had all the titanium internal parts, Leupold scope, etc.  The guy asks what kind of stock it was, Drof06 says it's a fajen, the guy says real condescendingly, "Oh.... yea... Fajen."  He didn't say another word and walks away from us! Nevermind the gun shot one hole groups all day long.

Try Champion Shooter's Supply in New Albany.  They are a little nicer.  They are on S.R. 605 right downtown in an old house.  They tailor to the match/competition shooter, but they carry powder and primers, and used to have decent prices anyway...

Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
True story, the guy took a look at my $2200 10/22, he was impressed with everything even the stock untill I told him where it was from. At that point the rifle became the biggest pile of flaming pig shit on the face of the Earth.  All because the stock was made by Fajen.  Most of the times I go in there and look at pieces, they either reluctantly get them out or not at all. Guess they think that I don't have money to spend because I don't come in with an Armoni taylored suit or New Albany yuppie snob tatooed to my forehead. Personally I would rather drive 2 hours to my property and shoot whatever I want, whenever I want, as fast as I want at anything and everything. Vance's did, does and down the road will always get my business.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I have only been there a few times.  I see all of you have been treated the same way I have.

$25 for a box of PMC 45acp FMJ!!!!!!!

I just want to slap those guys every time they open their mouths.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top