Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 5:59:36 PM EDT
They have been flying overhead for about a week now. Invasion?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
EAA ended on July 31, then the Milwaukee Air show ran this past weekend. Thunderbirds were practicing all week over the lake. I saw the B-1B fly out Monday afternoon. That was also part of the show.

ETA: reading, how does it work... I'm in SE WI. Must be an invasion there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
My only guess would be some sort of AT for the Air National Guard. We had two F15s over Appleton today.

Either that or they are plotting strike packages for the zombie apocalypse
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a Black Hawk flying over Grafton today.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Prep for the anticipated "London" in Wisconsin since the Lefty plan didn't work out the other day.

Me...I hope it all starts up the afternoon of Saturday the 20th. Imagine the capabilities of the Shiocton team that will be ready for immediate action.

<slowly backing away from alcohol>
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Tons of blackhawks and CH47's over sparta the last week.
I'm guessing some air guard unit is on AT at mccoy and brought their toys.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a few Blackhawks stationed at the West Bend airport; I've seen them hovering around there before, but Grafton is certainly not out of the question, either.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:10:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm guessing some air guard ARMY GUARD or RESERVE unit is on AT at mccoy and brought their toys.

FIFY

It's definitely prime time for annual training's to be going on. Between the air shows, Fort McCoy, Volk Field and the Hardwood Range, we get a lot of military aircraft action in this state which probably goes otherwise unnoticed. Heck, one time when I was at Hardwood Range a Canadian Army helicopter unit was there doing gunnery. They told me that they come down all the time to use that range.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are a few Blackhawks stationed at the West Bend airport; I've seen them hovering around there before, but Grafton is certainly not out of the question, either.

The West Bend helicopters belong to the 238th Aviation Regiment of the Wisconsin Army National Guard, formerly the 832nd Air Ambulance. They now operate Blackhawks, and a handful of the new UH-72 Lakotas there. I miss seeing (and hearing) the Huey's fly around.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing some air guard ARMY GUARD or RESERVE unit is on AT at mccoy and brought their toys.

FIFY

It's definitely prime time for annual training's to be going on. Between the air shows, Fort McCoy, Volk Field and the Hardwood Range, we get a lot of military aircraft action in this state which probably goes otherwise unnoticed. Heck, one time when I was at Hardwood Range a Canadian Army helicopter unit was there doing gunnery. They told me that they come down all the time to use that range.

I suppose you're right, but they do guard the air.
They never come close enough so I can tell who they are, and honestly they all look the same to me from a mile away.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#10]
2 blackhawks & 2 kiowas were supporting a large law enforcement operation in northern wi on the 10th.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2 blackhawks & 2 kiowas were supporting a large law enforcement operation in northern wi on the 10th.

So maritime interdiction training isn't ninja enough for the local wannabes these days?  Now they need recon/combat birds with miniguns and/or rocket pods?  I can't wait until the Reaper flights are being tasked locally...

Posse Comitatus, RIP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So maritime interdiction training isn't ninja enough for the local wannabes these days?  Now they need recon/combat birds with miniguns and/or rocket pods?  I can't wait until the Reaper flights are being tasked locally...

Posse Comitatus, RIP.

Probably already are, we just haven't noticed them yet.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Ummm no... They were sling loading a million dollars worth of dope out of a national forest.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ummm no... They were sling loading a million dollars worth of dope out of a national forest.

Link?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll have to ask my REDACTED about that, then.  She was probably in charge.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Posse Comitatus, RIP.

Actually, Posse Comitatus, is not breached due to Reagan creating a caveat on the war against drugs in the 1980s.

When I was active duty, we (the military) trained the ATF for their raid on Waco, because the DEA pushed a drug issue. We have MQ1 assets help fusion centers with home grown crop isolation investigations. There are many things we do as .mil to "help" local LEOs under the umbrella of anti-drug operations whether they actually are or not. Most go un-noticed, but happen every day.

That is why the .mil hardware in support of LE ops does not suprise me whatsoever.

V
OUT

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Being one of the local "wannabes", I watched it with my own eyes. here's a link to a Fox news story on it: link

I know someone will want to comment on the fact that there was about 175-200 agents  involved and only one person captured, but of all those only a small number went into to the woods after the suspects (I was with the group that came up empty handed), probably around 40-45 officers divided up going into 2 different areas. The woods were so thick in there that  the dogs were having trouble moving, but since this story was published the rest have beed captured. link anyone want to guess where they are from?
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Being one of the local "wannabes", I watched it with my own eyes. here's a link to a Fox news story on it: link

I know someone will want to comment on the fact that there was about 175-200 agents  involved and only one person captured, but of all those only a small number went into to the woods after the suspects (I was with the group that came up empty handed), probably around 40-45 officers divided up going into 2 different areas. The woods were so thick in there that  the dogs were having trouble moving, but since this story was published the rest have beed captured. link anyone want to guess where they are from?

Mexico. They were promised 5 grand and trip home if they came up and "farmed" for a grow season. Rumors were that they had "assault" weapons, that's why there was such a LEO/Fed presence.

Frankly I'm surprised it's not the Injuns this time...kind of like the Menominee tribe and their big grow operation from last fall.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow, so they were collecting drugs...

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, so they were collecting drugs...

Correct. Several large grow plots of marijuana. The Mexicans were brought up form south of the border to work/guard the plots. Upon harvest they would collect $5 grand and be given transportation home.

Luckily no one was injured or killed when they stumbled on their grow operation. As if anyone needs another excuse to carry while out in the woods.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top