Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 6:37:34 AM EDT
Dad and I are going elk hunting near Norwood, at about 8000', for second rifle season (October 23-31), then if we have time, we're going to try and go north to Duffy mountain (between Craig and Hamilton) to tromp around and try to shoot some rabbits.

What should we expect weather-wise?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything from snow to 70's.

Seriously though, I'd expect 50's during the day, and 30's during the night.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've hunted in tee-shirts and tennis shoes (well...highttop Converse football cleats) one year and the next in shin deep snow.

Bring plenty of warm clothes you can layer with a hunter orange tee shirt incase you shed that much. I hunt the first combined season down around Ouray, Ridgeway and we had 4" - 5" snow last year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It is better to have and not need then need and not have.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:02:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is better to have and not need then need and not have.

Thanks, guys, that's gonna be our packing philosophy. B_B, thanks for the orange tshirt idea. I'd never have thought of that on my own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top