Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 1:55:27 PM EDT

Let me explain.  There are some items that do not make sense to put up for trade in the nationwide EE section, such as large items, items where the shipping would outrun the cost of the item(s), or items unfit for shipping such as hazmat stuff like powder or whatever for example.  

It is a waste of time to list such an item in the EE where it will be lost in the nationwide shuffle, and only seen by those few here who check or even know to check the hometown/state-specific EE.  Now, if the stuff was for sale I suppose it would be different, but nevertheless, I will give you an example (without specifics, so you'll know that I'm not trying to cheat )

I have a case or so of ammo that my rifle doesn't like, that I need to trade for some other type of ammo that one might have available.  It makes optimum sense for this to be offered merely for hometown eyes for a physical handover rather than mailing.  It would be stupid to mail such an item with such expensive shipping.

Is this a moot point?  I suppose board rules are board rules, but is there any retraction, amendment, or loophole that I am missing?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The rule is you can't sell things here.  Put an ad up in EE and then post a link to your ad here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The rule is you can't sell things here.  Put an ad up in EE and then post a link to your ad here.

For trade vs. for sell?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess if you want to do some local selling/trading, take out an ad in your newspaper or set up a table at a gun show.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
GA hometown had this issue come up while I was still living there. The solution, from Bookhound et. al., was to establish a periodic E-mail newsletter that only circulated to people from GA that had signed up to receive it. It seems to work well for them.
Something like that might be a good solution to this, which I would love. I've got stuff that needs to go to a new home as well. Let me think about this one, and I might look into establishing one for us as well.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GA hometown had this issue come up while I was still living there. The solution, from Bookhound et. al., was to establish a periodic E-mail newsletter that only circulated to people from GA that had signed up to receive it. It seems to work well for them.
Something like that might be a good solution to this, which I would love. I've got stuff that needs to go to a new home as well. Let me think about this one, and I might look into establishing one for us as well.
-Hobbit

I'll help you with it.  We could do a webpage and email the link too, just for an idea.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Make an HTML page and I'll host it for you.....

Woody
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Web pages are beyond the scope of my life experience/desire to learn how/spare time to learn/etc., but an E-mail list is something I could do. I understand that its utility would be limited compared to a frequently updated webpage.

How serious are you guys about a page?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#11]
agree on e-mail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top