Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/9/2010 9:23:34 AM EDT
It's PINK.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
maybe following Sheriff Joe Arpaio's lead.

Another program Arpaio is very wellknown for is the pink under shorts he makes all inmates wear. Years ago, when the Sheriff learned that inmates were stealing jailhouse white boxers, Arpaio had all inmate underwear dyed pink for better inventory control. The same is true for the Sheriff’s handcuffs. When they started disappearing, he ordered pink handcuffs as a replacement. And later, when the Sheriff learned the calming, psychological effects of the color pink—sheets, towels, socks— everything inmates wear, except for the old-fashioned black and white striped uniform, were dyed pink.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#2]
The new license plates look pretty gay too...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I lived in Michigan for most of my 38 years and get alot of ribbing from my friends back there, I cant wait til they have the pink drivers license ammo. That will be great.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#4]
it's salmon colored and what's the big deal, are you that insecure?

some of the new bills are pink -you can give those to me.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Salmon color and been that way since last April (I think).  I don't spend any time looking at mine so the color is meaningless.

There is no new, replacement Ohio license plate.  Just a bad idea..  The state was gonna change and made a million of them, then decided they looked like a 2d Grade coloring contest and abandoned them.  They're optional.  If you want 'em you have to go to your friendly local registrar.

–– Chuck

Good. Those things are damn UGLY!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Salmon color and been that way since last April (I think).  I don't spend any time looking at mine so the color is meaningless.

There is no new, replacement Ohio license plate.  Just a bad idea..  The state was gonna change and made a million of them, then decided they looked like a 2d Grade coloring contest and abandoned them.  They're optional.  If you want 'em you have to go to your friendly local registrar.

–– Chuck

Good. Those things are damn UGLY!

They are also far less effective at their job than the proper ones.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard that the color is supposed to be harder to reproduce via the common forging methods.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I read somewhere that the design for the plates was done by Gov. Srickland's wife Actually I think I heard it on Natl Communist Radio (NPR). I listen to it sometimes. You need to know what the other side is saying
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
it's salmon colored and what's the big deal, are you that insecure?

some of the new bills are pink -you can give those to me.

From wikipedia, "Salmon is a range of pale pinkish-orange to light pink colors"

Just don't want to travel to Michigan for the game and then have to take out my license for a drink. I can just hear it now.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top